06-14-2019 10:55 PM
110 1234 ...
tools
    According to DXO Mark Galaxy s10 plus scores higher points than one plus 7 pro
    On the selfie, not the overall. Don't matter, not a huge difference in scores. Scores don't tell the hole story anyway.
    05-20-2019 02:23 AM
    Just checking on OP website and if u have S10+ in excellent condition you will get $650 credit to get OP 7 pro.

Anyone think about getting OP 7 pro? I really want to get all full screen display.

Thanks.
    I'm only seeing a trade in credit of less than $400?
    05-20-2019 05:25 AM
    Cool..which phone you rockin now ?
    512GB ceramic white S10+.
    05-20-2019 05:50 AM
    I think the OP7 is a nice device, but I wouldn't trade my S10+ for it. There are things in it that are important to me as a user. Things like wireless charging, sd card, Samsung pay, etc. I actually like having the ip68 rating too. I could definitely see folks buying the OP7 though. My brother actually has the OP6T, but it was all about price with him. He really wanted an S8+ at the time. He just felt Samsung has gotten too expensive. OP seems to be raising their prices too now.
    05-20-2019 06:54 AM
    The OP is not the only one. I bought an OP7 Pro and will be selling my S10+. I don't really care about the camera or loss of wireless charging. I want that alert slider, and the Oxygen OS. And the better update record. Other than the Pixel line, the OnePlus phones get updated the quickest!
    05-20-2019 09:20 AM
    The OP is not the only one. I bought an OP7 Pro and will be selling my S10+. I don't really care about the camera or loss of wireless charging. I want that alert slider, and the Oxygen OS. And the better update record. Other than the Pixel line, the OnePlus phones get updated the quickest!
    Love this post. Priorities are different for everyone.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-20-2019 09:43 AM
    Love this post. Priorities are different for everyone.
    Exactly! And I fully understand those preferring and keeping their S10s. It's also a great phone (phones: S10, S10+ and S10e).
    Nikholas Pappas likes this.
    05-20-2019 10:25 AM
    OP7Pro is a good device only the OP can determine if it's the right move. I use my Samsung Devices to it's full potential which is why there is no other that can dethrone it as my primary device. I use Samsung Pay, Gear VR, Secure Folder,DeX, wireless charging, pictures and video around water. Also, with Samsung's apps like GoodLock, OneHandOperation+ and Samsung themes, it can truly be a customizable experience that others can't provide. I wouldn't be able to do lots of these things with the OP 7Pro.

So the question to the OP is what do YOU use a device for or what do YOU want out of a device?
    05-20-2019 11:39 AM
    OP7Pro is a good device only the OP can determine if it's the right move. I use my Samsung Devices to it's full potential which is why there is no other that can dethrone it as my primary device. I use Samsung Pay, Gear VR, Secure Folder,DeX, wireless charging, pictures and video around water. Also, with Samsung's apps like GoodLock, OneHandOperation+ and Samsung themes, it can truly be a customizable experience that others can't provide. I wouldn't be able to do lots of these things with the OP 7Pro.

So the question to the OP is what do YOU use a device for or what do YOU want out of a device?
    Similar here. Too many features that I use that are missing on OP7.
    strikeIII likes this.
    05-20-2019 04:04 PM
    Samsung pay and secure folder are two things I can't find a replacement for. Both have saved my life on a daily lol.

05-20-2019 04:05 PM
    Why? That's a huge downgrade. The OnePlus 7 Pro doesn't have IPXX certification, it doesn't have wireless charging, and it doesn't have as good of cameras. The FPS is only optical, which isn't nearly as secure as the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor in the S10+.

There's no way I'd ever downgrade a device.
    Just curious, what does the IP Rating actually get you?

Additionally, in other areas, the OP is an upgrade. Faster Storage standard with UFS 3 means file transfers will be nearly twice as fast. The screen is flawless. Some people prefer the One Plus OS. The Wired charging is faster and doesn't throttle when in use. These are all things people would consider an "Upgrade"

So, going from a One Plus 7 Pro to a Galaxy, in these areas, would be a Downgrade.
    05-20-2019 05:38 PM
    Just curious, what does the IP Rating actually get you?

Additionally, in other areas, the OP is an upgrade. Faster Storage standard with UFS 3 means file transfers will be nearly twice as fast. The screen is flawless. Some people prefer the One Plus OS. The Wired charging is faster and doesn't throttle when in use. These are all things people would consider an "Upgrade"

So, going from a One Plus 7 Pro to a Galaxy, in these areas, would be a Downgrade.
    It makes people feel better because that means it's certified to a certain standard. You could have the same degree of water resistance without testing, but how do you know?
    gendo667 likes this.
    05-20-2019 06:15 PM
    It makes people feel better because that means it's certified to a certain standard. You could have the same degree of water resistance without testing, but how do you know?
    One way you'll know dunk it water lol
    No really though lot of phones have ip rating but it means nothing how manufacturers warranty them, even if its certified any liquid fault found your out of luck with a warranty. They need to do something about that or dont use as a selling point if you cant back it up with a warranty , but then it opens up another issue with was it used as it was stated 1.5 meters for 30 minutes lol
    But I do like it certified as a accidents can happen and probably be ok .
    05-20-2019 06:48 PM
    Surely you could get more than 650 doll hairs for a ceramic 512GB S10+?

I came from a OnePlus 5 to an S10e and I'll likely be going back to OnePlus when Q is released, but this seems like a really bad deal even to me...

I'd say stick with the S10+. New is nice, but once the novelty wears off I suspect someone taking adamant of this would regret switching... Unless they're like me and hate Samsung's gods awful software haha.
    05-20-2019 07:02 PM
    And for me that's just it. I know I'd love the new One Plus. But after a few months it would occur to me that I could no longer use Samsung services that have become important to me. For me it's not just about having something new and shiny. It's also about what I would use it for.
    05-20-2019 07:20 PM
    One way you'll know dunk it water lol
    No really though lot of phones have ip rating but it means nothing how manufacturers warranty them, even if its certified any liquid fault found your out of luck with a warranty. They need to do something about that or dont use as a selling point if you cant back it up with a warranty , but then it opens up another issue with was it used as it was stated 1.5 meters for 30 minutes lol
    But I do like it certified as a accidents can happen and probably be ok .
    I know it means nothing when it comes to warranty....just providing some justification why it matters to some.
    05-20-2019 07:24 PM
    I know it means nothing when it comes to warranty....just providing some justification why it matters to some.
    Agree, rather have it certified
    05-20-2019 07:28 PM
    Agree, rather have it certified
    That warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with a false sense of security...

An IP rating is like a nice, soft blanket. It won't actually protect you if a knife wielding maniac breaks into your room, but it's nice to duck your head down and pretend.
    05-20-2019 07:42 PM

An IP rating is like a nice, soft blanket. It won't actually protect you if a knife wielding maniac breaks into your room, but it's nice to duck your head down and pretend.
    He better have more than a knife....lol
    05-20-2019 07:50 PM

Lmfaoo
    05-20-2019 07:50 PM
    I just need my teddy bear..
    05-20-2019 07:51 PM
    Nice pick ..
    05-20-2019 07:57 PM
    I'm British, thankfully knives are usually the worst we have to worry about lol.

Don't we all. Especially if it's like John Malkovich's pig...
    05-20-2019 08:00 PM
    What happened to your blankie?
    05-20-2019 08:01 PM
    I'm British, thankfully knives are usually the worst we have to worry about lol.

Don't we all. Especially if it's like John Malkovich's pig...
    05-20-2019 08:02 PM
110 1234 ...