06-14-2019 10:55 PM
110 12345
tools
    What happened to your blankie?
    I need something keep me calm under the blankie
    05-20-2019 08:03 PM
    Just curious, what does the IP Rating actually get you?

Additionally, in other areas, the OP is an upgrade. Faster Storage standard with UFS 3 means file transfers will be nearly twice as fast. The screen is flawless. Some people prefer the One Plus OS. The Wired charging is faster and doesn't throttle when in use. These are all things people would consider an "Upgrade"

So, going from a One Plus 7 Pro to a Galaxy, in these areas, would be a Downgrade.
    I work outside around dirt, dust, and water so IPXX rating gets me everything.
    05-20-2019 10:04 PM
    I just went to my local T-Mobile for T-Mobile Tuesday and looked at the OnePlus 7 Pro and did a side by side comparison with my S10+ and the OnePlus 7 Pro was definitely brighter than my S10+ and my device is on High Performance and Vivid. Does the 7 Pro have more Nits than the S10+?
    05-21-2019 11:56 AM
    I just went to my local T-Mobile for T-Mobile Tuesday and looked at the OnePlus 7 Pro and did a side by side comparison with my S10+ and the OnePlus 7 Pro was definitely brighter than my S10+ and my device is on High Performance and Vivid. Does the 7 Pro have more Nits than the S10+?
    Nits are outdated....
    We are up to Nit Wits now.

🙉🤣🙉
    strikeIII and caveman84 like this.
    05-21-2019 12:15 PM
    Nits are outdated....
    We are up to Nit Wits now.

🙉🤣🙉
    I don't understand I have watched comparison videos between the S10 plus and the OnePlus 7 pro and the S10 has always look brighter in the videos why is this not the case in real life?
    05-21-2019 01:51 PM
    I don't think the max nits kicks in unless you are out in direct sunlight.
    05-21-2019 01:54 PM
    According to DXO Mark Galaxy s10 plus scores higher points than one plus 7 pro
    You are reading it wrong. The regular s10 plus is in 7th place, the OnePlus 7 pro is 4th. You are seeing the 5G S10 plus which is a different phone with an additional camera (4 cameras on the back).
    05-21-2019 06:17 PM
    I don't think the max nits kicks in unless you are out in direct sunlight.
    Oh so you won't get the highest brightness of the screen, even if you push the slider to Max brightness, unless you're in direct sunlight? I never knew that.
    05-21-2019 06:41 PM
    Oh so you won't get the highest brightness of the screen, even if you push the slider to Max brightness, unless you're in direct sunlight? I never knew that.
    Auto brightness will see maximum nit in direct sunlight
    BigMosely, NIZMOZ44 and iSilas like this.
    05-21-2019 09:07 PM
    I work outside around dirt, dust, and water so IPXX rating gets me everything.
    My point is,

The IP Rating does not get you anything from the manufacturer. They still don't cover intrusion in the warranty, so it gets you nothing from them.

So, 2 phones, one says its rated, the other says, no rating, but its waterproof. Both warranties are the same. You get nothing from the rating.

mustang7757 likes this.
    05-22-2019 11:39 AM
    Agreed💯% I just got my S10 Plus and I haven't had a good phone in a long time. So I'm still learning how to use the camera, which is what I love about it. Trying to figure out if there's a different way to take screenshots rather than holding down the volume down and the power button. Can can someone redirect me to that thread or answer please? I do love this phone love everything about it. It's just a lot to learn. I've read reviews where you can spend literally a month customizing this phone and it still won't be exactly how you want it. But I'm okay with that cuz it's fun.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-22-2019 03:11 PM
    Agreed💯% I just got my S10 Plus and I haven't had a good phone in a long time. So I'm still learning how to use the camera, which is what I love about it. Trying to figure out if there's a different way to take screenshots rather than holding down the volume down and the power button. Can can someone redirect me to that thread or answer please? I do love this phone love everything about it. It's just a lot to learn. I've read reviews where you can spend literally a month customizing this phone and it still won't be exactly how you want it. But I'm okay with that cuz it's fun.
    You can download "SoftKey Edge" from within the Galaxy Store via the Settings gear within the Edge Panel. It lets you do a bunch of stuff like Lock the device, screenshot and others.
    Attached Thumbnails Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-46794.jpg  
    05-22-2019 05:33 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-46792.jpg  
    mustang7757 and CharlesCC2 like this.
    05-22-2019 05:34 PM
    You can't trade in the s10 plus on the one plus website.
    05-22-2019 07:34 PM
    Got my wife one plus 7 pro. Great screen, okay camera & battery. But she thinks phone is little too big for her hands , so we might still give it back.
    I would never switch personally,
    Cameras are important to me and s10 clicks better pics in most condition, I like theme system on my s10 plus, I use Samsung pay very much everywhere. Sound seems better to me on s10 plus. Headphone Jack is a big plus coz I still use it sometime with my old Bose headphones ( they just wont die). Plus Samsung service here is great.

P.s. I dont care if app opens millisecond faster on one plus. My phone hasn't hung up on me even once, which is surprisingly even better than iPhone max which froze 1 or 2 time in same period.
    WizeGuyDezignz, burrzoo and iSilas like this.
    05-22-2019 08:39 PM
    Mr Mosely how do you screen write on a full screen? Whenever I try this the photo goes into editor mode and goes small zoomed put. Like attached.Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-screenshot_20190523-011715_photo-editor.jpg
    05-23-2019 12:17 AM
    Mr Mosely how do you screen write on a full screen? Whenever I try this the photo goes into editor mode and goes small zoomed put. Like attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190523-011715_Photo Editor.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	303540
    After you take a screenshot hit this.
    Attached Thumbnails Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-46806.jpg  
    05-23-2019 05:17 AM
    After you take a screenshot hit this.
    Sorry fella figured out in the noob section accidentally. I didn't have my smart capture enabled in the first instance. Because smart capture wasn't enabled I wasn't getting option to draw on screen.
    05-23-2019 05:22 AM
    My point is,

The IP Rating does not get you anything from the manufacturer. They still don't cover intrusion in the warranty, so it gets you nothing from them.

So, 2 phones, one says its rated, the other says, no rating, but its waterproof. Both warranties are the same. You get nothing from the rating.

The rating matters to me. Dust and water ingress protections do matter.
    iSilas likes this.
    05-23-2019 11:31 AM
    Agreed% I just got my S10 Plus and I haven't had a good phone in a long time. So I'm still learning how to use the camera, which is what I love about it. Trying to figure out if there's a different way to take screenshots rather than holding down the volume down and the power button. Can can someone redirect me to that thread or answer please? I do love this phone love everything about it. It's just a lot to learn. I've read reviews where you can spend literally a month customizing this phone and it still won't be exactly how you want it. But I'm okay with that cuz it's fun.
    Don't know if anyone's commented yet but I screenshot by doing the palm swipe it's in settings.
    05-23-2019 01:36 PM
    My point is,

While it doesn't get you a better warranty at least you know it's certified to a level of protection. I would certainly be more confident with a certified device.
    05-23-2019 01:40 PM
    Well, I rate that the phone is protected from water and dust lol. There is your rating everyone.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-23-2019 03:21 PM
    Well, I rate that the phone is protected from water and dust lol. There is your rating everyone.
    Let me see your IP credentials, 😂😂
    iSilas likes this.
    05-23-2019 04:23 PM
    You can't trade in the s10 plus on the one plus website.
    Yes you can.

Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-oneplus3.pngTrade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-oneplus2.pngTrade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?-oneplus1.png
    05-23-2019 06:51 PM
    That's fine if you're comfortable with it. Everyone has a mind of their own though
    05-23-2019 07:04 PM
110 12345