Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why? That's a huge downgrade. The OnePlus 7 Pro doesn't have IPXX certification, it doesn't have wireless charging, and it doesn't have as good of cameras. The FPS is only optical, which isn't nearly as secure as the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor in the S10+.

There's no way I'd ever downgrade a device.
It's not a downgrade because it dont have those 2 features, 1+7 pro has one of fastest wired charging on the market, a 90htz refresh rate screen can change to 60htz ,UFS 3.0 ,SD855 ,4,000mah battery 256 storage for a really great price with premium build material. It's a tough choice as the s10 has stuff in its favor also.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It's not a downgrade because it dont have those 2 features, 1+7 pro has one of fastest wired charging on the market, a 90htz refresh rate screen can change to 60htz ,UFS 3.0 ,SD855 ,4,000mah battery 256 storage for a really great price with premium build material. It's a tough choice as the s10 has stuff in its favor also.

It's a downgrade for me.

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Just checking on OP website and if u have S10+ in excellent condition you will get $650 credit to get OP 7 pro.

Anyone think about getting OP 7 pro? I really want to get all full screen display.

Thanks.
Just got galaxy s10 plus white prism . Sold my iPhone xsmax ..plus saved 350 dollars I was in apple eco system from 2012 to 2016 then slowly moved away from apple eco system .. but that's another story . I was looking at one plus 7 pro reviews before buying s10 plus .. I like 90 Hertz display and speed other than that I didn't like the mic and camera quality of one plus 7 pro ..plus Samsung is pioneered in display and sound quality department. So no competition here

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I think the OP7 is a nice device, but I wouldn't trade my S10+ for it. There are things in it that are important to me as a user. Things like wireless charging, sd card, Samsung pay, etc. I actually like having the ip68 rating too. I could definitely see folks buying the OP7 though. My brother actually has the OP6T, but it was all about price with him. He really wanted an S8+ at the time. He just felt Samsung has gotten too expensive. OP seems to be raising their prices too now.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The OP is not the only one. ;) I bought an OP7 Pro and will be selling my S10+. I don't really care about the camera or loss of wireless charging. I want that alert slider, and the Oxygen OS. And the better update record. Other than the Pixel line, the OnePlus phones get updated the quickest!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The OP is not the only one. ;) I bought an OP7 Pro and will be selling my S10+. I don't really care about the camera or loss of wireless charging. I want that alert slider, and the Oxygen OS. And the better update record. Other than the Pixel line, the OnePlus phones get updated the quickest!
Love this post. Priorities are different for everyone.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
OP7Pro is a good device only the OP can determine if it's the right move. I use my Samsung Devices to it's full potential which is why there is no other that can dethrone it as my primary device. I use Samsung Pay, Gear VR, Secure Folder,DeX, wireless charging, pictures and video around water. Also, with Samsung's apps like GoodLock, OneHandOperation+ and Samsung themes, it can truly be a customizable experience that others can't provide. I wouldn't be able to do lots of these things with the OP 7Pro.

So the question to the OP is what do YOU use a device for or what do YOU want out of a device?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
OP7Pro is a good device only the OP can determine if it's the right move. I use my Samsung Devices to it's full potential which is why there is no other that can dethrone it as my primary device. I use Samsung Pay, Gear VR, Secure Folder,DeX, wireless charging, pictures and video around water. Also, with Samsung's apps like GoodLock, OneHandOperation+ and Samsung themes, it can truly be a customizable experience that others can't provide. I wouldn't be able to do lots of these things with the OP 7Pro.

So the question to the OP is what do YOU use a device for or what do YOU want out of a device?

Similar here. Too many features that I use that are missing on OP7.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung pay and secure folder are two things I can't find a replacement for. Both have saved my life on a daily lol.

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Why? That's a huge downgrade. The OnePlus 7 Pro doesn't have IPXX certification, it doesn't have wireless charging, and it doesn't have as good of cameras. The FPS is only optical, which isn't nearly as secure as the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor in the S10+.

There's no way I'd ever downgrade a device.

Just curious, what does the IP Rating actually get you?

Additionally, in other areas, the OP is an upgrade. Faster Storage standard with UFS 3 means file transfers will be nearly twice as fast. The screen is flawless. Some people prefer the One Plus OS. The Wired charging is faster and doesn't throttle when in use. These are all things people would consider an "Upgrade"

So, going from a One Plus 7 Pro to a Galaxy, in these areas, would be a Downgrade.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, what does the IP Rating actually get you?

Additionally, in other areas, the OP is an upgrade. Faster Storage standard with UFS 3 means file transfers will be nearly twice as fast. The screen is flawless. Some people prefer the One Plus OS. The Wired charging is faster and doesn't throttle when in use. These are all things people would consider an "Upgrade"

So, going from a One Plus 7 Pro to a Galaxy, in these areas, would be a Downgrade.

It makes people feel better because that means it's certified to a certain standard. You could have the same degree of water resistance without testing, but how do you know?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It makes people feel better because that means it's certified to a certain standard. You could have the same degree of water resistance without testing, but how do you know?

One way you'll know dunk it water lol
No really though lot of phones have ip rating but it means nothing how manufacturers warranty them, even if its certified any liquid fault found your out of luck with a warranty. They need to do something about that or dont use as a selling point if you cant back it up with a warranty , but then it opens up another issue with was it used as it was stated 1.5 meters for 30 minutes lol
But I do like it certified as a accidents can happen and probably be ok .

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
512GB ceramic white S10+.

Surely you could get more than 650 doll hairs for a ceramic 512GB S10+?

I came from a OnePlus 5 to an S10e and I'll likely be going back to OnePlus when Q is released, but this seems like a really bad deal even to me...

I'd say stick with the S10+. New is nice, but once the novelty wears off I suspect someone taking adamant of this would regret switching... Unless they're like me and hate Samsung's gods awful software haha.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And for me that's just it. I know I'd love the new One Plus. But after a few months it would occur to me that I could no longer use Samsung services that have become important to me. For me it's not just about having something new and shiny. It's also about what I would use it for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira