Trade S10+ to Oneplus 7 pro?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
One way you'll know dunk it water lol
No really though lot of phones have ip rating but it means nothing how manufacturers warranty them, even if its certified any liquid fault found your out of luck with a warranty. They need to do something about that or dont use as a selling point if you cant back it up with a warranty , but then it opens up another issue with was it used as it was stated 1.5 meters for 30 minutes lol
But I do like it certified as a accidents can happen and probably be ok .
I know it means nothing when it comes to warranty....just providing some justification why it matters to some.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agree, rather have it certified

That warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with a false sense of security...

An IP rating is like a nice, soft blanket. It won't actually protect you if a knife wielding maniac breaks into your room, but it's nice to duck your head down and pretend.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with a false sense of security...

An IP rating is like a nice, soft blanket. It won't actually protect you if a knife wielding maniac breaks into your room, but it's nice to duck your head down and pretend.
He better have more than a knife....lol

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Just curious, what does the IP Rating actually get you?

Additionally, in other areas, the OP is an upgrade. Faster Storage standard with UFS 3 means file transfers will be nearly twice as fast. The screen is flawless. Some people prefer the One Plus OS. The Wired charging is faster and doesn't throttle when in use. These are all things people would consider an "Upgrade"

So, going from a One Plus 7 Pro to a Galaxy, in these areas, would be a Downgrade.

I work outside around dirt, dust, and water so IPXX rating gets me everything.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I just went to my local T-Mobile for T-Mobile Tuesday and looked at the OnePlus 7 Pro and did a side by side comparison with my S10+ and the OnePlus 7 Pro was definitely brighter than my S10+ and my device is on High Performance and Vivid. Does the 7 Pro have more Nits than the S10+?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just went to my local T-Mobile for T-Mobile Tuesday and looked at the OnePlus 7 Pro and did a side by side comparison with my S10+ and the OnePlus 7 Pro was definitely brighter than my S10+ and my device is on High Performance and Vivid. Does the 7 Pro have more Nits than the S10+?

Nits are outdated....
We are up to Nit Wits now.

🙉🤣🙉

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the max nits kicks in unless you are out in direct sunlight.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
According to DXO Mark Galaxy s10 plus scores higher points than one plus 7 pro

You are reading it wrong. The regular s10 plus is in 7th place, the OnePlus 7 pro is 4th. You are seeing the 5G S10 plus which is a different phone with an additional camera (4 cameras on the back).

Nikholas Pappas

May 14, 2019
Visit site
I work outside around dirt, dust, and water so IPXX rating gets me everything.

My point is,

The IP Rating does not get you anything from the manufacturer. They still don't cover intrusion in the warranty, so it gets you nothing from them.

So, 2 phones, one says its rated, the other says, no rating, but its waterproof. Both warranties are the same. You get nothing from the rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdJ7t2eLRV4