10-18-2020 07:07 AM
34 12
tools
    Although I love the phone so far, I did neglect to mention that once I removed the Fed Ex packaging, I noticed that the seal on my retail box wasn't the same as the seal I've seen on retail boxes in unboxing videos. It was just a regular piece of tape, and it was broken. Should I take the phone back for an exchange and eat the $35 fee? The IMEI of the phone does check out, but I hate to think my phone was opened. Did Best Buy send me an already used open box phone? The phone has an April 1, 2019 build date, too, so it's not exactly hot off the assembly line. As far as the echoing issues, I only seem to get them on my end, when holding the phone in hand while the headset is plugged in. But that might just be the mic sensitivity.
    No one can really answer that. It is up to you if you are comfortable or not.
    05-21-2019 12:51 PM
    Although I love the phone so far, I did neglect to mention that once I removed the Fed Ex packaging, I noticed that the seal on my retail box wasn't the same as the seal I've seen on retail boxes in unboxing videos. It was just a regular piece of tape, and it was broken. Should I take the phone back for an exchange and eat the $35 fee? The IMEI of the phone does check out, but I hate to think my phone was opened. Did Best Buy send me an already used open box phone? The phone has an April 1, 2019 build date, too, so it's not exactly hot off the assembly line. As far as the echoing issues, I only seem to get them on my end, when holding the phone in hand while the headset is plugged in. But that might just be the mic sensitivity.
    How can you find out your build date?
    05-21-2019 03:48 PM
    How can you find out your build date?
    It's on the box printed label or use Samsung info app.
    05-21-2019 04:00 PM
    It's on the box printed label or use Samsung info app.
    Not on my Verizon box.
    05-21-2019 04:43 PM
    Not on my Verizon box.
    Not my fault.

Use phone info app.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-21-2019 04:45 PM
    I am having the echo issue on my s10+ (unlocked version). I am using 3rd party buds with a gold tip. Tried both through cellular and wifi call with Google Voice. No issue if I use the same buds in my s8+ via Google Voice wifi which doesnt have a sim card/service.
    06-16-2019 10:09 PM
    I am having the echo issue on my s10+ (unlocked version). I am using 3rd party buds with a gold tip. Tried both through cellular and wifi call with Google Voice. No issue if I use the same buds in my s8+ via Google Voice wifi which doesnt have a sim card/service.
    I have this problem, and some old apple earbuds solve it. I am trying to find any others that work.
    10-18-2020 01:14 AM
    I have this problem, and some old apple earbuds solve it. I am trying to find any others that work.
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Which phone?

Any troubleshooting steps you tried?
    10-18-2020 02:30 AM
    I have found in the past when you're using a headset and people say they can hear themselves talking is usually because you have the volume on the headset turned up to loud, specially on ones like ear buds that don't have a mic boom.

Have you tried turning the volume down on the buds to see if the echo goes away?

It's fun finding those type of ear buds that won't cause that echo if you have to turn the volume up to hear who you're talking to.
    10-18-2020 07:07 AM
34 12