S10+ on T-Mobile; party on the other end can hear themselves echo back

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just an update: After speaking with a T-Mo CSR, it seems that the issue has been resolved by plugging in the AKG buds that came in the box, as opposed to using my other headset. It's weird, and I'm not sure if it's a factor, but when I was using the Nexus 6P, I always had issue with using Samsung headsets, because of the silver connectors they have. Google Assistant would always be triggered. Now, I had to switch from using a headset with a gold connector, back to silver. Strange, but whatever works. 🤷🏻

That's Interesting, but glad it's fixed.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Wonder if she returns it. Anyone care to place some odds? I say yes she will return it.

Although I love the phone so far, I did neglect to mention that once I removed the Fed Ex packaging, I noticed that the seal on my retail box wasn't the same as the seal I've seen on retail boxes in unboxing videos. It was just a regular piece of tape, and it was broken. Should I take the phone back for an exchange and eat the $35 fee? The IMEI of the phone does check out, but I hate to think my phone was opened. Did Best Buy send me an already used open box phone? The phone has an April 1, 2019 build date, too, so it's not exactly hot off the assembly line. As far as the echoing issues, I only seem to get them on my end, when holding the phone in hand while the headset is plugged in. But that might just be the mic sensitivity.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Although I love the phone so far, I did neglect to mention that once I removed the Fed Ex packaging, I noticed that the seal on my retail box wasn't the same as the seal I've seen on retail boxes in unboxing videos. It was just a regular piece of tape, and it was broken. Should I take the phone back for an exchange and eat the $35 fee? The IMEI of the phone does check out, but I hate to think my phone was opened. Did Best Buy send me an already used open box phone? The phone has an April 1, 2019 build date, too, so it's not exactly hot off the assembly line. As far as the echoing issues, I only seem to get them on my end, when holding the phone in hand while the headset is plugged in. But that might just be the mic sensitivity.

No one can really answer that. It is up to you if you are comfortable or not.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

How can you find out your build date?

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I am having the echo issue on my s10+ (unlocked version). I am using 3rd party buds with a gold tip. Tried both through cellular and wifi call with Google Voice. No issue if I use the same buds in my s8+ via Google Voice wifi which doesnt have a sim card/service.

Dmcfeet

Oct 18, 2020
Visit site
I am having the echo issue on my s10+ (unlocked version). I am using 3rd party buds with a gold tip. Tried both through cellular and wifi call with Google Voice. No issue if I use the same buds in my s8+ via Google Voice wifi which doesnt have a sim card/service.

I have this problem, and some old apple earbuds solve it. I am trying to find any others that work.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem, and some old apple earbuds solve it. I am trying to find any others that work.
I have found in the past when you're using a headset and people say they can hear themselves talking is usually because you have the volume on the headset turned up to loud, specially on ones like ear buds that don't have a mic boom.

Have you tried turning the volume down on the buds to see if the echo goes away?

It's fun finding those type of ear buds that won't cause that echo if you have to turn the volume up to hear who you're talking to.