Camera disappoints me-AGAIN!

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
Ok, I want to love my s10plus. I do. But I feel it doesn’t shoot as good pictures as my iPhone XR Plus. Today I used my S10plus to shoot pictures and video at Church and the pictures aren’t as clear as I would like. WHAT AM I MISSING? Is it a setting I am missing? The fact that I was inside? (Which would be dealbreaker for me if I can’t get good pictures inside)

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung allows you to adjust the exposure. The easiest way, which doesn't require dealing with the settings, is to put your finger on a dark object in the frame. You should see the scene look brighter, which means you'll get a brighter picture. The converse is true. If the image is overexposed (washed out), put your finger on a bright object in the frame. That will make the picture darker.

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
Samsung allows you to adjust the exposure. The easiest way, which doesn't require dealing with the settings, is to put your finger on a dark object in the frame. You should see the scene look brighter, which means you'll get a brighter picture. The converse is true. If the image is overexposed (washed out), put your finger on a bright object in the frame. That will make the picture darker.

The pictures look fuzzy, not clear and crisp. I wasn’t trying to zoom in or anything.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The S10 camera makes my cats look like a smoothed out mess but apart from that, it's been pretty great. I use Google's camera to take pics of the critters. Better results.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
The S10 camera makes my cats look like a smoothed out mess but apart from that, it's been pretty great. I use Google's camera to take pics of the critters. Better results.
This. This started from the note 9 camera and seems to still be an issue. Basically furry friends' hair dont look right.

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
I guess I am questioning if I should have sub-par pics with a high end phone? I love alot about this phone. I do. And when I use my iPhone, I always miss my Samsung- except when I know I will be taking pics and then I start regretting using my Samsung to capture big moments.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I guess I am questioning if I should have sub-par pics with a high end phone? I love alot about this phone. I do. And when I use my iPhone, I always miss my Samsung- except when I know I will be taking pics and then I start regretting using my Samsung to capture big moments.

I wonder if your S10 has an issue? I say this because I have Xs Max and truly, the S10 seems to take better pictures. I can tell and so can my wife (in a blind comparison).

I'm not trying to turn this into an iPhone vs Samsung comparison. Just wonder if your phone has an issue.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I winder if your S10 has an issue? I say this because I have Xs Max and truly, the S10 seems to take better pictures. I can tell and so can my wife (in a blind comparison).

I'm not trying to turn this into an iPhone vs Samsung comparison. Just wonder if your phone has an issue.

I also find the S10 quite good and it runs side by side with my 3XL

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
I also find the S10 quite good and it runs side by side with my 3XL

I took still shots yesterday, outside, at a barbecue. They were great pics! So, I guess that narrows down things. I can’t use my Samsung to shoot pics inside. Which is a huge deal to me. I love everything about my Samsung except the camera issues I am having. I’m taking my iPhone to an awards ceremony for my child, to make sure my pics aren’t blurry or distorted. I guess it could be a lighting issue, but my iPhone doesn’t have problems with lighting. I’m not even biased toward Apple, I’m never happy using my iPhone! I always miss my Samsung!!! But, the camera is a huge factor in my decision about my daily driver.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I took still shots yesterday, outside, at a barbecue. They were great pics! So, I guess that narrows down things. I can’t use my Samsung to shoot pics inside. Which is a huge deal to me. I love everything about my Samsung except the camera issues I am having. I’m taking my iPhone to an awards ceremony for my child, to make sure my pics aren’t blurry or distorted. I guess it could be a lighting issue, but my iPhone doesn’t have problems with lighting. I’m not even biased toward Apple, I’m never happy using my iPhone! I always miss my Samsung!!! But, the camera is a huge factor in my decision about my daily driver.
The best camera with moving objects has been the Pixel. My only complaint is that there are no manual settings. Your best bet with the Samsung is to set a faster shutter speed.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Have you experienced the issue before on Samsung phones or is it just this particular one? I’ve never seen anyone point out any camera issues with the S10.

The pet hair fuzziness is probably caused by the aggressive noise reduction AI...but it should be (in theory) counteracted by the ‘Pet mode’ via scene optimiser.

As MD said, going to manual/pro mode and keeping everything on auto apart from shutter speed might help...good luck with fixing your issue! :D

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
First picture is inside our church. Second picture is outside. Lighting may be the culprit?
2d58f43475e7de8f20d5e5be27974122.jpg
23cd99bf9b27112903c04adf2cddb17c.jpg