Accidentally opening apps in pocket or other

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Note 8 to Iphone for multiple reasons. One thing that drove me nuts is the accidental opening up apps while in my pocket or reaching for my phone. Has that been addressed in the S10+? I am interested in experiencing freedom from Apple again. Or is there a workaround for this?

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you lock the screen, you won't open apps when the phone is in your pocket. That's always been in Android.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Well the s10+ will turn on in your pocket if the screen is facing your leg. It won't unlock if you have a security setup on it, so you don't have to worry about opening apps just the screen coming on

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen quite a bit. The first thing I did was disable the double tap. It took some effort to find this setting. I also added fingerprint sign in so even if the screen turns on while in my pocket, a fingerprint will be needed to unlock

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen quite a bit. The first thing I did was disable the double tap. It took some effort to find this setting. I also added fingerprint sign in so even if the screen turns on while in my pocket, a fingerprint will be needed to unlock

Yup. Same here with disabling double tap. I also disabled the flip to wake. Phone kept waking at the gym. Got way to annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz