Screen stays on phone hits full charge

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I put my phone on the wireless charger at night. When it hits full charge, the phone lights up (and the whole room as well) and stays on until I turn it off, then it goes back to the AOD clock I've set. My 9+ did it, too. What am I doing wrong? I worry that it's hard on the screen and the phone actually feels a little warm. My s8 would do that would light up after charging was complete, but would turn the screen off after about 30 seconds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I put my phone on the wireless charger at night. When it hits full charge, the phone lights up (and the whole room as well) and stays on until I turn it off, then it goes back to the AOD clock I've set. My 9+ did it, too. What am I doing wrong? I worry that it's hard on the screen and the phone actually feels a little warm. My s8 would do that would light up after charging was complete, but would turn the screen off after about 30 seconds.

Did you have screen always on in developers option while charging?

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
No, AOD is on from the regular settings menu, along with Do Not Disturb. I've tried turning off AOD, but it doesn't change anything--still lights up and stays on after charging is done.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, AOD is on from the regular settings menu, along with Do Not Disturb. I've tried turning off AOD, but it doesn't change anything--still lights up and stays on after charging is done.
That's definitely a strange behavior that I haven't come across on my Samsung phones .

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have your screen saver turned to ON? Settings/display, scroll down to screen saver OR type screen saver in settings search. I have tried using the "colors" setting and while charging it changes colors. You can also choose Photos, etc to show on the screen while charging.

I have found that the colors still show after a full charge so I'll probably just toggle off the screen saver setting.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried Settings -> Apps -> "Show system apps" -> "System UI" -> Notifications and disabling the "Battery full" notification?

bigsee

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

He means screen is always on while charging! Not AOD!

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Settings -> Apps -> "Show system apps" -> "System UI" -> Notifications and disabling the "Battery full" notification?
I've tried finding that. I finally did find it and it was all greyed out. it wouldn't let me toggle anything. Sigh.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
HMBgal....... maybe you didn't see my suggestion? Here it is again......

Do you have your screen saver turned to ON? Settings/display, scroll down to screen saver OR type screen saver in settings search. I have tried using the "colors" setting and while charging it changes colors. You can also choose Photos, etc to show on the screen while charging.

I have found that the colors still show after a full charge so I'll probably just toggle off the screen saver setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma