I wonder why my S10 is not compatiable with side sync. I really want to sync with my MacBook.
    06-05-2019 06:22 AM
    SideSync was deprecated a while ago and is no longer being supported on newer models (unfortunately). Smart Swtich and Flow were supposed to be the 'replacements', but certain things (most notably the ability to mirror the phone onto the computer) have not yet been implemented in either.
    06-05-2019 08:26 AM
    Yep.

SideSync's last supported device was the S8.
    06-05-2019 09:34 AM
    I have been successful using Samsung Flow to mirror my S10 on my computer. Samsung does not acknowledge Flow to be compatible with the S10, but it is.
    Give it a try.
    06-05-2019 09:40 AM
    Flow does work with the S10, but to the best of my knowledge Flow doesn't support mirroring (sure, you can see notifications and transfer between devices, but MIRRORING? )
    06-05-2019 09:47 AM
    Flow does work with the S10, but to the best of my knowledge Flow doesn't support mirroring (sure, you can see notifications and transfer between devices, but MIRRORING? )
    Flow does support mirroring.
    06-05-2019 10:40 AM
    Guess I'll have to go back and look, haven't used it in a while because of that TBH. Nice if they added it, it was pretty much what was missing from SideSync.

Doesn't help the OP much, though... At least from Samsung's official page there's no MacOS support on Flow.
    06-05-2019 12:08 PM
    100% positive about the mirroring capabilites for S10 using Samsung Flow.
    See image below ... Screen mirroring on the left, Flow history / Notifications panel on the right.
    06-05-2019 02:55 PM
    I'm now using Pushbullet since I have a Mac. All I am really interested in is text messages tbh. So the other option there is using Google Messages and it's web client. But I do like Samsung's One UI touches on their Messages client. Much easier to use one handed. So Pushbullet it is.
    06-05-2019 05:00 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    06-05-2019 10:17 PM
    I'm now using Pushbullet since I have a Mac. All I am really interested in is text messages tbh. So the other option there is using Google Messages and it's web client. But I do like Samsung's One UI touches on their Messages client. Much easier to use one handed. So Pushbullet it is.
    You could also try MightyText (that works with the stock messaging app). If you want a different app, I'd also recommend Pulse; the cross-device messaging does have a cost (10 bucks lifetime I believe) but it's very well worth it and they have an app for pretty much every device and OS out there, including a web interface. In my experience much more reliable than Pushbullet or MightyText with a lot more actual features.
    torbach1 likes this.
    06-06-2019 08:34 AM
    I will. The thing that's irritating about Pushbullet is that sometimes text messages you send from your computer (Mac in my case), stay stuck in pending until you unlock your phone. Considering I have a Galaxy Watch that keeps it unlocked in theory, it's about that I have to swipe up on the screen too get the message out of pending and sent. Certainly the interesting of the Mac OS Messages app with iMessage on the iPhone is much better and completely seamless. It just works perfectly. That's the only aspect of the iPhone which I yes for a year that I really miss.
    You could also try MightyText (that works with the stock messaging app). If you want a different app, I'd also recommend Pulse; the cross-device messaging does have a cost (10 bucks lifetime I believe) but it's very well worth it and they have an app for pretty much every device and OS out there, including a web interface. In my experience much more reliable than Pushbullet or MightyText with a lot more actual features.
    06-06-2019 08:39 AM
    Ok, trying Mightytext now and so far it's much better than Pushbullet. Thank you for the suggestion. @james you may want to just try this instead.
    06-06-2019 08:47 AM
    SideSync's last supported device was the S8.
    Samsung's last supported device was the S8. Any device running TWRP has sidesync included.
    06-06-2019 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD