Hi Folks:

I moved to the dark side for a year and still have the very useful and compact Airpods, which I swore I'd never get, but ended up getting on rewards points and loving them with the iPhone. They mostly work very well with the S10+, except occasional delays in connecting and occasional lag. I'm wondering if anyone has tried both these and the Galaxy Buds or Jabra with the S10+ and how you'd compare, and particularly for phone calls, whether people can hear you ok with the Buds. People hear me very clearly with the Airpods which is one of the best aspects of them.

Thanks
    imex99 likes this.
    06-06-2019 08:50 AM
    Samsung buds have been horrendous for me in one area; keeping connection with the phone when the phone is in my pocket. This seems to be a widespread problem. Seems to be most problematic when phone is in my back pocket. Clearing Bluetooth cache and re-pairing seems to help for a short period but then the problem resurfaces.

I've searched a lot and haven't found a definitive fix yet. If one exists, please share.

That said, I'm not 100% sure if it's the buds or the phone with the problem.
    06-06-2019 09:20 AM
    Ok, that's not great. Airpods don't have that problem in my case...
    Samsung buds have been horrendous for me in one area; keeping connection with the phone when the phone is in my pocket. This seems to be a widespread problem. Seems to be most problematic when phone is in my back pocket. Clearing Bluetooth cache and re-pairing seems to help for a short period but then the problem resurfaces.

I've searched a lot and haven't found a definitive fix yet. If one exists, please share.

06-06-2019 09:29 AM
    The Samsung Buds work great for me with my phone in or out of my pocket. I have had the connection issue only once or twice and it was solved by going into bluetooth on my phone, disconnecting the buds, and then reconnecting them again.
    06-06-2019 10:07 AM

It's the phone, i am convinced about that as i have issues with other bluetooth devices
    06-06-2019 10:22 AM
    I have both of them. Airpods are better for calling. I use buds for workout as they stay better in ear. But I havent have any connectivity issue with any of these devices.
    06-07-2019 12:55 AM
    I use Jabra 65t's daily while running, have a pair of Galaxy Buds from promo, and have used my wife's Airpods a couple of times. No problems with the Airpods, but probably not enough usage to judge. I have had problems with Jabra's and GB's cutting out with phone in right pocket (let's not even talk about trying to listen with phone in left pocket.)

I will say that I re-paired the Jabra's and GB's a couple of weeks ago and so far so good.
    torbach1 likes this.
    06-07-2019 03:23 PM
    Thanks a lot everyone! Much appreciated
    06-07-2019 03:28 PM
    It's the phone, i am convinced about that as i have issues with other bluetooth devices
    Maybe your phone, but I don't have any issues with any other headset on my S10 plus except the buds.
    06-08-2019 10:42 AM
    I also haven't had any major issues with my phone outside of occasional Airpods. I pair it with the Airpods, Bose QC35, my car, and a JBL external speaker with zero issues.
    Maybe your phone, but I don't have any issues with any other headset on my S10 plus except the buds.
    06-08-2019 10:49 AM
    I have the Jabra elite 65t also and they worked well with my s8+, and now with my s10+, no issues or disconnection with any phone. What I can't stand about them is the noise cancelation that occurs by using sealed earbuds, had a pair of airpods that returned cuz of the hear through function on the elites but it'll never replace open headphones and now I'm missing them.
    06-14-2019 11:03 AM