Anybody use messenger for texting?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So does anyone use Facebook messenger as their primary texting app? I see where I can allow it to take over text and I wanna know if videos sent from iPhones would show up better that way?

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust FB Messenger but was wondering about the exact same issue - it's really difficult to send videos over text message with this phone! I wish the camera had a quick setting to downsize the video file for MMS. Does anyone have any insight about how to make this easier?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't trust FB Messenger but was wondering about the exact same issue - it's really difficult to send videos over text message with this phone! I wish the camera had a quick setting to downsize the video file for MMS. Does anyone have any insight about how to make this easier?

There is a video editor under settings that allows you to set it to a lower quality and send it, but I dont want to send or receive crap quality. Just sucks that ios allows HD video between iPhone users

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a video editor under settings that allows you to set it to a lower quality and send it, but I dont want to send or receive crap quality. Just sucks that ios allows HD video between iPhone users
That is the ONLY thing I can say that I miss about an iPhone. But, I only exchange important videos with my wife (of our son) so I fixed that by sharing my Google photos with her.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
That is the ONLY thing I can say that I miss about an iPhone. But, I only exchange important videos with my wife (of our son) so I fixed that by sharing my Google photos with her.
Exactly This

My wife and her family all have iPhones, so I got all of them to download and install Google Photos. Now I can easily share my photos and videos with all of through Google Photos. Completely bypassing the horrible compression of MMS.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone use Facebook messenger as their primary texting app? I see where I can allow it to take over text and I wanna know if videos sent from iPhones would show up better that way?

Depends -- if it is a messenger to messenger video send sure it will be better. If it is a messenger using regular text / MMS to send to the iPhone user not using FB messenger then nope it won't help with it at all.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife and her family all have iPhones, so I got all of them to download and install Google Photos. Now I can easily share my photos and videos with all of through Google Photos. Completely bypassing the horrible compression of MMS.

This is a good idea, but even if they don't have GP downloaded, and this is how I send videos via SMS, I create a link in GP for the video & send the link in a text. Works flawless & doesn't degrade the video much if at all. And it doesn't limit how big of a file you can send.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd second WhatsApp, at least for now before FB screws that up with their ads too. WhatsApp is very ubiquitous outside the US. It should be here too. It's very close to iMessage in functionality.

masshuu

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Totally, the image quality when sharing is much better than WhatsApp or Instagram.

I don't know anybody who uses any other way to communicate apart from some who email or SMS.

crachor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Google messages for texts (meaning, I'm not expecting an answer right away), fb messenger for more real-time conversations, including video calls. My family and relatives all have a mix of iPhones and Android, but pretty much everyone has fb profile, and messenger.

rand807

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a group of friends that have been in a group chat since about 2012, so I mainly use Facebook Messenger for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay