Remove Samsung Pay and Google Pay

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have recently purchased a new unlocked Samsung S10+ and I haven't had a chance to activate it yet.

My question is whether or not I can completely remove both Samsung Pay and Google Pay from my S10+, without rooting the phone.

I know that with Unlocked phones, you generally have more control over the apps on the phone.

I use credit cards, but I am uncomfortable with using electronic payments, so I have absolutely no use for either Samsung Pay nor Google Pay. So I would prefer to completely remove both from the phone, since I have absolutely no intention of using those apps and I would like to free up the space on the phone.

If I can't remove Samsung Pay and Google Pay, I was also wondering if there might be a way to Disable the apps.

If not, no big deal, it just would be nice to do so.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have recently purchased a new unlocked Samsung S10+ and I haven't had a chance to activate it yet.

My question is whether or not I can completely remove both Samsung Pay and Google Pay from my S10+, without rooting the phone.

I know that with Unlocked phones, you generally have more control over the apps on the phone.

I use credit cards, but I am uncomfortable with using electronic payments, so I have absolutely no use for either Samsung Pay nor Google Pay. So I would prefer to completely remove both from the phone, since I have absolutely no intention of using those apps and I would like to free up the space on the phone.

If I can't remove Samsung Pay and Google Pay, I was also wondering if there might be a way to Disable the apps.

Congrats on your new phone , yes on my tmobile s10+ you have the option to uninstall both .

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Even better, neither of them aye even installed out of the box, at least they weren't on my Exynos S10e.

If you don't want to use them obviously that's fine, but you should be aware that Google pay and Samsung pay are both much more secure than a credit card, no reason to fear using them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even better, neither of them aye even installed out of the box, at least they weren't on my Exynos S10e.

If you don't want to use them obviously that's fine, but you should be aware that Google pay and Samsung pay are both much more secure than a credit card, no reason to fear using them.
Agree with you

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Bear in mind that you really won't be freeing up much space if at all from the phone if you uninstall them. They're in the system partition. That is inaccessible to you even if you delete apps from it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Bear in mind that you really won't be freeing up much space if at all from the phone if you uninstall them. They're in the system partition. That is inaccessible to you even if you delete apps from it.
Yeah that's why they are secure, part of system framework.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I know you don't care to use the apps but are you aware of how secure they actually are? When you make a transaction with Samsung Pay it sends a digital token to the terminal, the phone does not send over your credit card info, so that information is never stored on the merchants system. Where as if you hand them a credit card to swipe then the cards info is stored on their system and should their system get hacked, theives would have access to it. It's a person choice, I just wasn't sure if you were aware how it worked and safe it acutally is.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

Just snug up your foil hat, you'll be OK.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

This.

I used to use Google Pay, but have switched to Samsung Pay just for the extra bit of access to swipe-only terminals.

I thoroughly enjoy NOT giving my credit card and its number whenever I pay by credit card.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I know you don't care to use the apps but are you aware of how secure they actually are? When you make a transaction with Samsung Pay it sends a digital token to the terminal, the phone does not send over your credit card info, so that information is never stored on the merchants system. Where as if you hand them a credit card to swipe then the cards info is stored on their system and should their system get hacked, theives would have access to it. It's a person choice, I just wasn't sure if you were aware how it worked and safe it acutally is.

This should get pinned to the top or something. THIS is the exact reason I use Samsung Pay every time I can. Hopefully OP has a misconception of how SP actually works, & doesn't think that credit cards are safer to use. However, it is personal preference & to each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC