S10 overheating warning tone?

Darth Vader4

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Does this phone have an overheat tone that warns you when your phone is getting excessively hot? I put mine on the charger and took a nap, woke up to this odd tone playing from it and it was uncomfortably hot to the touch. I couldn't get it to stop so I shut it off for about 5 minutes and it cooled down. Works perfectly fine and hasn't got hot since, nor has it played that tone again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does this phone have an overheat tone that warns you when your phone is getting excessively hot? I put mine on the charger and took a nap, woke up to this odd tone playing from it and it was uncomfortably hot to the touch. I couldn't get it to stop so I shut it off for about 5 minutes and it cooled down. Works perfectly fine and hasn't got hot since, nor has it played that tone again.
They do have a tone for overheating, was this wireless or cable charging?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It sounds to me that the problems might have been caused by the phone receiving too high a voltage
My guess is that the cause is either a defective charger brick or the electrical outlet that the phone was plugged into.

Personally I would go ahead and replace the Charger Brick and Charger Cable

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
This is why I never charge my phone while I'm asleep. I'll charge it at night before I go to bed and top it off in the morning when I get up. I've changed my habits after the two Note 7 recalls.

I don't believe I've ever heard an overheating sound on a Samsung device. You should probably get that checked out.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It sounds to me that the problems might have been caused by the phone receiving too high a voltage
My guess is that the cause is either a defective charger brick or the electrical outlet that the phone was plugged into.

Personally I would go ahead and replace the Charger Brick and Charger Cable
Could also be a rogue app was draining the phone excessively while charging it

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
On my old Samsung Note 3 which I used for years, towards the end of its life, the phone was giving me alert messages of overheating. When I opened the lid to inspect the battery, it literally expanded and was bulging permanently. The expanded battery literally pushed the side edges of the Note 3 screen upwards out of its casing. I believe the excessive heat and expanding battery caused the final demise of my Note 3.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
On my old Samsung Note 3 which I used for years, towards the end of its life, the phone was giving me alert messages of overheating. When I opened the lid to inspect the battery, it literally expanded and was bulging permanently. The expanded battery literally pushed the side edges of the Note 3 screen upwards out of its casing. I believe the excessive heat and expanding battery caused the final demise of my Note 3.
I had the same thing happen with my HTC M7

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Heat is definitely a killer of electronics. I've had at least a couple Garmin stand-alone GPS units get fried from the heat while attached to my car windshield. Now I know better to store them away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781