Verizon Rep missed the SIM tray hole and jamed the removal tool into the hole next to it

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, AT&T seems to the Carrier that does not allow the Unlocked variants to hook up to WiFi calling, etc..

word is that if you use a SIM card that was already in an AT&T phone, then the network is happy with whatever unlocked phone that SIM card goes into--and enables all of the AT&T features.

So what some people do is simply put their SIM cards into an AT&T phone long enough to turn it on and get on the network, then swap it over to the unlocked phone. Voila.

Rohan Maheria

May 12, 2015
Visit site
It's a microphone hole, and it's safe to insert sim removal tool by accident because almost all new phones has microphone at angle so any sharp object can't damage it. Watch jerryrigeverything's teardown videos. He mentioned it many times. You will be perfectly fine with your new phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a microphone hole, and it's safe to insert sim removal tool by accident because almost all new phones has microphone at angle so any sharp object can't damage it. Watch jerryrigeverything's teardown videos. He mentioned it many times. You will be perfectly fine with your new phone.
Makes perfect sense to reduce potential damage through design.

tgm1024

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

He doesn't mention that in his S10 teardown (he doesn't have an S10+ teardown). And when you look at the actual tear down, the microphone isn't at an angle.

Is there a different youtuber you were thinking of?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
He doesn't mention that in his S10 teardown (he doesn't have an S10+ teardown). And when you look at the actual tear down, the microphone isn't at an angle.

Is there a different youtuber you were thinking of?
If you look at the Ifixit teardown for the S10+.... specifically for replacing the Sim card reader they mention not to worry if you insert the tool in the wrong hole. The microphone and ingress gasket are out of them way. Looks like they were smart enough to realize that people might make that mistake.

tgm1024

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
If you look at the Ifixit teardown for the S10+.... specifically for replacing the Sim card reader they mention not to worry if you insert the tool in the wrong hole. The microphone and ingress gasket are out of them way. Looks like they were smart enough to realize that people might make that mistake.

I believe it. There are a few videos from them: Do you have a link to the video and section you mean? Thanks.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe it. There are a few videos from them: Do you have a link to the video and section you mean? Thanks.
I'm driving at the moment, but you can easily search for the S10+ on their site. I didn't watch a video. Its in the beginning of the instructions section of how to remove the SIM card reader. I'm confident that you have nothing to fear.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm driving at the moment, but you can easily search for the S10+ on their site. I didn't watch a video. Its in the beginning of the instructions section of how to remove the SIM card reader. I'm confident that you have nothing to fear.

If you're driving, how and why are you posting in a forum?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was getting into the car and about to drive off if you really need to know... but that's not really the topic of this thread and no need for you to be concerned.

Good good, just making sure. The idea of someone typing and driving is always cause to be concerned.