Screen goes blank. Very hard to double tap to bring it back.
    06-13-2019 10:39 AM
    There's a proximity sensor (located near the front facing camera) that is supposed to detect when your phone is put to your ear, which turns off the screen to prevent accidental touches. Occasionally a screen protector will trick it to think it's blocked, so you can try removing it if you have one installed. If the screen is extra dirty, that too can trigger the sensor.

If those don't work, it could be a software bug, which would be hard to pinpoint and fix without just going the nuclear route and factory resetting the phone. It also could be a hardware problem with the sensor itself, which would require having a shop try to repair it or try making a warranty claim.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    06-13-2019 10:58 AM
    This is a "feature" which has been part of the Samsung experience since at least the Note 8. Have tried many things, many threads, and no one has prevented it.
    frederickdawg likes this.
    06-13-2019 01:13 PM
    This is a "feature" which has been part of the Samsung experience since at least the Note 8. Have tried many things, many threads, and no one has prevented it.
    What he says, you can't stop it.
    06-13-2019 11:53 PM
    It's a feature of every cell phone with a touch screen... period.
    06-14-2019 12:09 AM
    I agree it goes blank when on call to the ear , but my screen goes back on once I pull away from the ear .
    06-14-2019 12:11 AM
    I agree it goes blank when on call to the ear , but my screen goes back on once I pull away from the ear .
    But not indefinitely.
    06-14-2019 11:50 AM
    But not indefinitely.
    Well , in my case if I take away from ear screen is back on until it times out or if I put back to my ear it goes black again.
    06-14-2019 11:55 AM
    Well , in my case if I take away from ear screen is back on until it times out or if I put back to my ear it goes black again.
    This is how mine has always worked as well. If the screen goes back out it's due to your screen timeout settings not because of the calls.
    06-14-2019 11:58 AM
    This is how mine has always worked as well. If the screen goes back out it's due to your screen timeout settings not because of the calls.
    No not the part to the ear , that's the proximity sensor working at that moment, I'm saying if I take away from my ear then it will depend on the screen timeout.
    06-14-2019 12:00 PM
    No not the part to the ear , that's the proximity sensor working at that moment, I'm saying if I take away from my ear then it will depend on the screen timeout.
    You're correct wasn't implying that. I was agreeing with the part about up to the ear and was also specifying that when not up to my ear about the screen timeout. Just didnt make that real clear I guess
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-14-2019 12:09 PM
    Oh ok gotcha
    You're correct wasn't implying that. I was agreeing with the part about up to the ear and was also specifying that when not up to my ear about the screen timeout. Just didnt make that real clear I guess
    06-14-2019 12:10 PM
    That's how mine functions.

OP if your screen doesn't come back on when you pull the phone away from your ear, then there might be something blocking the proximity sensor (screen protector/case) or it may be faulty.
    06-14-2019 08:52 PM
    Mine works like yours.
    06-14-2019 09:21 PM
    That's how mine functions.

OP if your screen doesn't come back on when you pull the phone away from your ear, then there might be something blocking the proximity sensor (screen protector/case) or it may be faulty.
    Mine works like yours.
    Good to hear , that's the way it's supposed to.
    06-15-2019 12:27 AM