Faith in Samsung

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Well I have lost faith in Samsung.....

History:

I pre ordered the Samsung S10+ with Sprint. I had my phone for about a month when sprint decided to up my monthly bill by twice the price. It was decided then to switch to Verizon about the same price but better services. I was told that the 2 Samsung phones we had would be able to switch over. ( Samsung 9 and 10) The Samsung 9 had no problems but the S10+ did not want to let go of sprint ( error Sprint Activation Not Completed) . Many calls to Sprint ( They have fully Unlocked the Phone Not their problem) , Verizon ( Phone makes calls and works like it should ) and Samsung .

We decided to send the phone into Samsung after the trip to the “UBreakIfix it shop “where they could not fix the problem. They stated the phone needs to be flashed and they do not have that ability to do that.

The phone was mailed in according to the Samsung Tech guy instructions. We were told the phone arrived on Monday and would be fixed 5-22-19. Called and Texted for updates all week. Went to a ticketed event on Saturday that was an all day event. I received a call at 10:55 AM while at the event and was told by the agent on the phone that I needed to send them proof of purchase by 5pm if they are going to fix my phone. ( IME# Receipt of pre order. )If I did not do this by 5pm my phone would be sent back to me broken. My husband left the event got on a bus to get back to our car. Drove all the way home to find the info needed and email it to them at 1:31pm . I called Samsung at 2:34pm and was told that there was no way to see if they received the email or not that the tech department is not open on Saturday. Who or how a call to me earlier from the tech department is unknow. We received an email at 2:04pm sating my phone was being mailed back to me. All of this is before the 5pm deadline. BURN 1 They could create a new ticket to have it fixed and I could mail it back when I got the phone back. They wanted proof that the phone belonged to be so many text message to make sure they get the info in real time and it gets attached to the new ticket.

Well while all this was going on My Aunt Died so I had to leave town for her funeral. When we got back with a broken phone we called to get the shipping label to have the phone sent back in to be fixed. They had to create a new ticket and we had to resend a text for real time proof the phone belonged to me. Phone was shipped back. Calls and text made to make sure the phone was fixed. We were told by the phone tech that the phone was fixed. Phone arrived today still broken BURN 2 . My faith in Samsung is really low at this point. Do I continue with a half working phone or toss this one and get a new brand phone saying goodbye to Samsung.

The issue:
1. The phone is still requesting to activate with Sprint, when we have the Verizon SIM in the phone.
2. It keeps a constant notification on
3. The radio is being used to try to activate with sprint constantly.
4. This is an unlocked phone and should be able to work on any provider.

Please let me know where I go from here. The phone is still trying to activate with Sprint.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

History:

I pre ordered the Samsung S10+ with Sprint. I had my phone for about a month when sprint decided to up my monthly bill by twice the price. It was decided then to switch to Verizon about the same price but better services. I was told that the 2 Samsung phones we had would be able to switch over. ( Samsung 9 and 10) The Samsung 9 had no problems but the S10+ did not want to let go of sprint ( error Sprint Activation Not Completed) . Many calls to Sprint ( They have fully Unlocked the Phone Not their problem) , Verizon ( Phone makes calls and works like it should ) and Samsung .

We decided to send the phone into Samsung after the trip to the “UBreakIfix it shop “where they could not fix the problem. They stated the phone needs to be flashed and they do not have that ability to do that.

The phone was mailed in according to the Samsung Tech guy instructions. We were told the phone arrived on Monday and would be fixed 5-22-19. Called and Texted for updates all week. Went to a ticketed event on Saturday that was an all day event. I received a call at 10:55 AM while at the event and was told by the agent on the phone that I needed to send them proof of purchase by 5pm if they are going to fix my phone. ( IME# Receipt of pre order. )If I did not do this by 5pm my phone would be sent back to me broken. My husband left the event got on a bus to get back to our car. Drove all the way home to find the info needed and email it to them at 1:31pm . I called Samsung at 2:34pm and was told that there was no way to see if they received the email or not that the tech department is not open on Saturday. Who or how a call to me earlier from the tech department is unknow. We received an email at 2:04pm sating my phone was being mailed back to me. All of this is before the 5pm deadline. BURN 1 They could create a new ticket to have it fixed and I could mail it back when I got the phone back. They wanted proof that the phone belonged to be so many text message to make sure they get the info in real time and it gets attached to the new ticket.

Well while all this was going on My Aunt Died so I had to leave town for her funeral. When we got back with a broken phone we called to get the shipping label to have the phone sent back in to be fixed. They had to create a new ticket and we had to resend a text for real time proof the phone belonged to me. Phone was shipped back. Calls and text made to make sure the phone was fixed. We were told by the phone tech that the phone was fixed. Phone arrived today still broken BURN 2 . My faith in Samsung is really low at this point. Do I continue with a half working phone or toss this one and get a new brand phone saying goodbye to Samsung.

The issue:
1. The phone is still requesting to activate with Sprint, when we have the Verizon SIM in the phone.
2. It keeps a constant notification on
3. The radio is being used to try to activate with sprint constantly.
4. This is an unlocked phone and should be able to work on any provider.

Please let me know where I go from here. The phone is still trying to activate with Sprint.

We took our phones to Samsung Experience at Best Buy cause U Break It We Fix was having trouble finding the right binary files for my unlocked phone and they reflashed our unlocked phones to get rid of all Sprint stuff cause we also switched to Verizon and my husband has had signal issues since he had the phone. After Best Buy reflashed it still had problems he got a new sim card and we even went back to U Break It We Fix and they ran a test and saw how he was losing data connectivity and they also reflashed it again at our U Break It Store we have 2 and one does do re-flashing. Samsung told us in the beginning when we were in our 15 day period not to return they were coming out with a fix their tech support knew about the 1st batch of phones having problems. It was mostly all on Sprint. Sprint even had the April 16th update which didn't help. But we were wanting to switch to Verizon anyway better signal all around. But I would take it to a Best Buy with a Samsung Experience if you can and have them reflash it.

I told Samsung I won't ever buy anything Samsung again I spoke to Managers over and over and they could see a record of all my calls. I said this is a $1000 phone and you told us not to send it back a fix was coming out and now you want us to send it back to you and he will be without a phone. U Break said they were ordering him a motherboard and would call us at the end of the week when it came in never called so I called them. Manager flat out lied and said I never said that you need to bring it back in for another 2 hours of extensive testing before we can order motherboard and Samsung said they aren't allowed to fix motherboards. I got the run around so many times it was awful and no one would just send my husband a new phone. We offered to pay for it and then get credit when we turned in our old one but nope all they did was send us a 2 day shipping label and he just got his phone back yesterday so will see today if it's fixed after he uses it all day out and about. They gave him a new motherboard. My phone came from Best Buy and was on B/O for a couple weeks mine was bad at 1st but not as bad as my husbands and mine has been ok since reflash and Verizon did something to my Network settings but my husbands phone never would work mine was even better on Sprint than his. I would have LTE Plus to his 1x or roaming but Verizon is so much better.

Good Luck! But yes if you can get it reflashed that is your best bet and I hope it works out. Verizon told us they could warranty and send him a new phone then they said no they told you wrong sorry. Than the guy in the store said oh you have to do this and do Asurion nope he was wrong also since it was unlocked from Samsung. So they told him to go buy this cheap $150 phone to use and said return it within 14 days and we won't charge you a restocking fee. It's been a nightmare with Samsung and I'll never buy from them again. Only did cause of the $550 trade in.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site

History:

The issue:
1.The phone is still requesting to activate with Sprint, when we have the Verizon SIM in the phone.
2.It keeps a constant notification on
3.The radio is being used to try to activate with sprint constantly.
4.This is an unlocked phone and should be able to work on any provider.

Until the firmware from Samsung auto brands/ switches this will be the case. Current firmware on the U models dont brand switch.
My best advice to you would be to be flash the Verizon firmware on to it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

History:

The issue:
1.The phone is still requesting to activate with Sprint, when we have the Verizon SIM in the phone.
2.It keeps a constant notification on
3.The radio is being used to try to activate with sprint constantly.
4.This is an unlocked phone and should be able to work on any provider.

Did you buy the phone from Sprint or Samsung? If it's a Sprint phone, it sounds like something on their side is causing the problem. (I experienced this exact issue with a customer when I was an ATT rep, but with T-Mobile devices. They always swore they were unlocked, but never were)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol