Keeping device unlocked at trusted places NOT working.

Laurieb52

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
In our household we have 2 Galaxy S10s, and both are set up to remain unlocked when at home. I set them both up. My hubby's works as designed, remaining unlocked until 4 hours of inactivity. However, mine invariably relocks after 5 minutes of inactivity, except for maybe once in 8 or 9 occurrences. We live in a condo with 12 units; is it possible the proximity of other units is a factor? My husband keeps his phone in a room at the front of the condo nearer the street, while mine is kept in a room at the back of the condo.

I've tried typing in the actual address without the unit number, and using the locator with degrees. I've also tried moving the locator slightly, but nothing seems to work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone set to High Accuracy (i.e., with the GPS radio turned on)? If it's on Battery Saving, it might not be locating the phone accurately enough.

Laurieb52

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
Bluetooth was off, and optimize battery is on, but not medium or maximum power saving. I also turn off mobile data when I am home. I'm pretty sure I did high accuracy when I set up the phone, but I can`t even find the option now. I do have the "improve location accuracy" in the google settings piece turned on.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have S10+ and I live in a building with over 60 units and it works pretty well for me. I kinda stumbled upon the setting. Glad I found it!

Laurieb52

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
You and your husband share same account that you set up the phones with? My thinking maybe if this is it one cancel the other out ?

That makes sense. We share both the same Samsung and Spectrum account. I also have an STab5e and was using the call continuity feature between my phone and tablet , but was having to turn it off and on again on Mondays and Wednesdays to get it to work and couldn't figure out why. I have my phone and tablet scheduled to restart on Mondays, and his on Wednesdays.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That make's sense. We share both the same Samsung and Spectrum account. I also have an STab5e and was using the call continuity feature between my phone and tablet , but was having to turn it off and on again on Mondays and Wednesdays to get it to work. I have my phone and tablet scheduled to restart on Mondays, and his on Wednesdays.
Maybe set up your own account see what happens?

Laurieb52

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
Maybe set up your own account see what happens?

For rewards points and other reasons (contacts, Samsung warranties, microwaves,TV's, multiple tablets), we just use my account. I set up all of the tablets for our retired siblings too, as we gift our old devices with our book and movie libraries when we get new ones, and none of them are tech savvy. I guess I'll just live with the fingerprint unlock.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For rewards points and other reasons (contacts, Samsung warranties, microwaves,TV's, multiple tablets), we just use my account. I set up all of the tablets for our retired siblings too, as we gift our old devices with our book and movie libraries when we get new ones, and none of them are tech savvy. I guess I'll just live with the fingerprint unlock.
I understand , but at least you know what to try if you ever decide that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77