Turn Off StartUp Sound?

CChamp

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
On a Galaxy S10+ does anyone know how to easily and safely turn off the sound that is made at startup. Would like to keep my other system sounds but would like to get rid of the startup. Thanks in advance

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On a Galaxy S10+ does anyone know how to easily and safely turn off the sound that is made at startup. Would like to keep my other system sounds but would like to get rid of the startup. Thanks in advance

How often you restart your device for it to be a issue? But no you cant turn it off without root or keeping your phone on silent.

CChamp

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe OP talking about when your carrier splash screen shows makes the sound .

Yes, I believe that is the one. First thing in the morning (Early Riser) when I turn it on (With the rest of the house still sleeping) it makes this loud sound I guess to say that it is on. I have to cover it with a pillow to keep it from waking everyone else up. Not a big problem, just something I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I believe that is the one. First thing in the morning (Early Riser) when I turn it on (With the rest of the house still sleeping) it makes this loud sound I guess to say that it is on. I have to cover it with a pillow to keep it from waking everyone else up. Not a big problem, just something I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Thanks
I agree with you but only work around is if you know you going to restart the phone put volume on vibrate or silent.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Or, just set the "do not disturb" times, and leave the phone on overnight - even on the charger perhaps - and dont worry about turning it on every morning.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hahaha , that long

In Indonesia most phones arent carrier locked. Like 97-98% are unlocked. As we do not have many provider contracts. Thus the high price. They do have contracts but the total amount and the way they take our money is daylight robbery. For example the S10P with 12GB ram and 1TB rom costs USD$1586.with contract it's gonna be around USD$2758 and guess the worse part of this shady contract? A credit card is compulsory and they will take the USD$2758 limit in advance from your credit card eventhough we pay monthly... And the customer MUST APPLY for a new number(can't use existing number eventhough its the same provider).

And the data/call/sms package is set by the provider. They require the most expensive packet(USD$38 per month for 2 years) which is around USD$912(included in the USD$2758)

And the packet sounds something like 150GB of Data, 2000mins of free calls and 2000 free sms.

And in the end the provider gets additional profit of USD$260(USD$2758 - USD$912 - USD$1586 = USD$260).

For most Indonesians USD$260 is a lot. Its the minimum pay....

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do not think there is a way to turn off the start-up sound, unfortunately! Mustang gave a good suggestion about keeping your phone on vibrate or silent while turning it off so that it won't make noise when it's turned on.

Fatwebbie

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site

Settings / Apps / (Click on the menu bar top right) Show system applications / System_UI / Notifications / fbe_channel_name / Notification style (set to silent or whatever else works for you)==>
This worked for me on an S10, I am assuming it will work for you, but you know what they say about Assuming.
Good luck.

CChamp

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Settings / Apps / (Click on the menu bar top right) Show system applications / System_UI / Notifications / fbe_channel_name / Notification style (set to silent or whatever else works for you)==>
This worked for me on an S10, I am assuming it will work for you, but you know what they say about Assuming.
Good luck.

Thanks for the help Fatwebble. Do you know if this effects anything else or is it the setting for just the startup sound? Thanks again. CC

barry3141

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site

Settings / Apps / Show system applications / System UI/ Notifications / fbe_channel_name / Notification style

Set to silent

After you open Apps, you need to pick Show system application from the drop down menu on the top right. The list is so long you should you search to find System UI.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Settings / Apps / Show system applications / System UI/ Notifications / fbe_channel_name / Notification style

Set to silent

After you open Apps, you need to pick Show system application from the drop down menu on the top right. The list is so long you should you search to find System UI.

Thanks for sharing this.

mvstx

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Set to silent

I don't have a choice for fbe_channel_name. At the bottom of is a note '2 catagories deleted'. Is that my problem? How do I restore these deleted? AT&T galaxy s10+,android ver. 10