Removed Built in Screen Protector

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
So i removed the built in screen protector. And fingerprint scanner was very bad. Didnt register any of my fingers. Deleted all. And re registered my fingers. Now it works super fast. I didnt even have to apply pressure and it would unlock. Anyone noticed this?
Here's an interesting tidbit. Recently my stored fingerprints wouldn't work as well as they used to. I don't know if it was because I was doing some yard work and not using gloves, however I deleted the stored fingerprints and created 4 more and all good. It had nothing to do with the screen protector for me.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting tidbit. Recently my stored fingerprints wouldn't work as well as they used to. I don't know if it was because I was doing some yard work and not using gloves, however I deleted the stored fingerprints and created 4 more and all good. It had nothing to do with the screen protector for me.

I'm sure that's true, but I do prefer touching the screen without the provided screen protector. My S8+'s screen felt so buttery smooth, probably the feel of real glass! I may be wrong, but I'm guessing that the S10+'s pre-installed screen protector isn't glass.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm sure that's true, but I do prefer touching the screen without the provided screen protector. My S8+'s screen felt so buttery smooth, probably the feel of real glass! I may be wrong, but I'm guessing that the S10+'s pre-installed screen protector isn't glass.
Unfortunately that's not an option for me , too much sand in Florida.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Plastic

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Went to Cedar Point last week and my screen protector is pretty ate up. All of the in and out of my pocket, plus adjusting it in my pocket so that it wouldn't get crushed in the tight fitting seats. Plus it's a non-healing screen protector so there are actually some rough spots now. I've been looking at it for days and I'm just about ready to pull it off. Gorilla Glass 6 you say... hmmm

PhunXter

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Went to Cedar Point last week and my screen protector is pretty ate up. All of the in and out of my pocket, plus adjusting it in my pocket so that it wouldn't get crushed in the tight fitting seats. Plus it's a non-healing screen protector so there are actually some rough spots now. I've been looking at it for days and I'm just about ready to pull it off. Gorilla Glass 6 you say... hmmm

The screen protector you refer to is just a piece of plastic thats supplied as part of the packaging, underneath this is the actual phone screen thats made from Gorilla 6 glass.
I left mine on my S10+ screen to protect the screen and bought a thin carbon fibre syle ultra thin case. My phone is in and out of my pocket about 40 - 50 times during an averge day, i work in a joinery wood shop and my front pocket, where i keep my phone, takes some beating on a daily basis. It also gets dropped onto a hard floor around 3 times a week and The plastic screen protector is still about 98% perfect, the back case is showing some wear though.
I don't understand how the &%$* anybody could beat up the protector in about 2 months, unless of course they dont treat it as an £800 phone?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The screen protector you refer to is just a piece of plastic thats supplied as part of the packaging, underneath this is the actual phone screen thats made from Gorilla 6 glass.
I left mine on my S10+ screen to protect the screen and bought a thin carbon fibre syle ultra thin case. My phone is in and out of my pocket about 40 - 50 times during an averge day, i work in a joinery wood shop and my front pocket, where i keep my phone, takes some beating on a daily basis. It also gets dropped onto a hard floor around 3 times a week and The plastic screen protector is still about 98% perfect, the back case is showing some wear though.
I don't understand how the &%$* anybody could beat up the protector in about 2 months, unless of course they dont treat it as an £800 phone?
It's not part of packaging. That's the screen protector that Samsung supplies and they have replacements available. In fact many people got them for free by contacting Samsung.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Whitestone Dome for my phones. Love that product. If I had the S10 I would without a doubt remove that plastic one that comes with it.

joicell

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I recently took mine off bc it was totally beat up replaced with armour suit protector and didn't have to redo my prints. I still have the back side still on with a case on it. Lol

red-beard

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
After about 1 month, there was a good gouge in the plastic screen protector. I removed it. The first thing I noticed, the issue with polarized sunglasses went away.

I installed one from IQ Shield to replace the OEM protector. It is a WET install and is easy to get in the correct place. I still have one tiny bubble...

It must be self healing, because it has taken some abuse. I'd prefer a 9H protector...but that doesn't really work on the curved screen.

I did go 2 years without a screen protector on my S8, with only one tiny scratch...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Actually there were people complaining that they were seeing issues with theirs a week or two into its release, but if you're offering classes on how to get the most out of that thin piece of plastic post some vids on YouTube. I'd watch.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
After about 1 month, there was a good gouge in the plastic screen protector. I removed it. The first thing I noticed, the issue with polarized sunglasses went away.

I installed one from IQ Shield to replace the OEM protector. It is a WET install and is easy to get in the correct place. I still have one tiny bubble...

It must be self healing, because it has taken some abuse. I'd prefer a 9H protector...but that doesn't really work on the curved screen.

I did go 2 years without a screen protector on my S8, with only one tiny scratch...

Same here, had very similar experience with my S8+.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually there were people complaining that they were seeing issues with theirs a week or two into its release, but if you're offering classes on how to get the most out of that thin piece of plastic post some vids on YouTube. I'd watch.

The built in screen protector is literally plastic... Haha. Mine was fine but i could feel my screen being not sensitive. And my case was pushing it. Thus i removed it. And im glad I did. Everything feels better now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae