Removed Built in Screen Protector

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i removed the built in screen protector. And fingerprint scanner was very bad. Didnt register any of my fingers. Deleted all. And re registered my fingers. Now it works super fast. I didnt even have to apply pressure and it would unlock. Anyone noticed this?

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that I ran my S8+ for 2 years without a screen protector, and it was great. Doesn't the S10+ have Gorilla glass 6, so isn't overkill to need a screen protector?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So i removed the built in screen protector. And fingerprint scanner was very bad. Didnt register any of my fingers. Deleted all. And re registered my fingers. Now it works super fast. I didnt even have to apply pressure and it would unlock. Anyone noticed this?
You shouldn't have to apply a lot of pressure with or without

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I must admit that I ran my S8+ for 2 years without a screen protector, and it was great. Doesn't the S10+ have Gorilla glass 6, so isn't overkill to need a screen protector?
If you see how the stock screen protector gets scratches, that would happen to the screen, Not worth it .

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So does it have Gorilla glass 6? Does anyone know?

My 2 years of S8 without a screen protector faired very well. Perhaps I just take real good care more than most?! And the S8 only had gorilla glass 5.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So does it have Gorilla glass 6? Does anyone know?

My 2 years of S8 without a screen protector faired very well. Perhaps I just take real good care more than most?! And the S8 only had gorilla glass 5.
Good question, I hadn't heard about being gorilla glass 6 might still be 5 , I don't think the s8 had 5 but I could be wrong , this information not easy to find.

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Obviously that a common thing. If you don't have a screen protector then your touchscreen is smooth as butter but when you apply screen guard, you are pressing it from a distance, that cause the delay which is of few milli-seconds.

BTW, you are good at observations :cool:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Obviously that a common thing. If you don't have a screen protector then your touchscreen is smooth as butter but when you apply screen guard, you are pressing it from a distance, that cause the delay which is of few milli-seconds.

BTW, you are good at observations :cool:

I have severe OCD... Now that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2