I purchased my S10 for Verizon on Saturday. My screen unlock was set to swipe out of the box. I have tried to change it to pattern and pin, but it doesn't work. I go through the steps, but the phone doesn't save my choice and goes back to swipe. Because of this I cannot use features like Samsung Pass, anything using biometrics, etc. Help!
    06-25-2019 06:34 AM
    I purchased my S10 for Verizon on Saturday. My screen unlock was set to swipe out of the box. I have tried to change it to pattern and pin, but it doesn't work. I go through the steps, but the phone doesn't save my choice and goes back to swipe. Because of this I cannot use features like Samsung Pass, anything using biometrics, etc. Help!
    That's strange , have you tried restarting the phone?
    06-25-2019 09:11 AM
    I have tried restarting and clearing the cache partition. I have my work exchange account on the phone, but I have had it on my previous Galaxy models without this issue.
    06-25-2019 09:29 AM
    Do you use trusted locations?
    06-25-2019 09:54 AM
    Good point, would of been my next suggestion.
    06-25-2019 09:56 AM
    If you mean Smart Lock, I did use it on my old phone (Galaxy S8). The option to set Smart Lock on this phone is grayed out and it says "Set a secure screen lock to use this feature" below the option. I did use Smart Switch to move everything over from the S8. Could that have caused the issue somehow?
    06-25-2019 11:40 AM
    If you mean Smart Lock, I did use it on my old phone (Galaxy S8). The option to set Smart Lock on this phone is grayed out and it says "Set a secure screen lock to use this feature" below the option. I did use Smart Switch to move everything over from the S8. Could that have caused the issue somehow?
    erm if im not wrong its different.trusted location uses bluetooth if im not wrong.cant really tell because i dont use neither of those.and i cant for sure say what went wrong but is the phone updated to the latest software?

sometimes its also good to move stuff manually instead of all in 1 go.to avoid errors.
    06-25-2019 11:49 AM
    Sounds like some settings got switched over from old s8 , this might require a factory reset to erase those settings , I would just transferred phone calls,pictures,sms over and not the rest from smart switch
    06-25-2019 12:28 PM
    It sounds like the Exchange settings from your administrator are taking over your phone. I use the Outlook app and all is well. When I tried to change from Outlook to the built in email app, I started getting exactly what you are describing. I deleted the email acct on the built in app and all went back to normal. Try the Outlook app to see if that will fix your problems. When you put your exchange aaccount on your phone, you give your administrators permission to take over the security.
    06-25-2019 01:04 PM
    I was thinking this might be the issue. As luck would have it, I am self employed so I am my own administrator. I guess I need to figure out how to adjust settings from that end.
    It sounds like the Exchange settings from your administrator are taking over your phone. I use the Outlook app and all is well. When I tried to change from Outlook to the built in email app, I started getting exactly what you are describing. I deleted the email acct on the built in app and all went back to normal. Try the Outlook app to see if that will fix your problems. When you put your exchange aaccount on your phone, you give your administrators permission to take over the security.
    06-25-2019 01:28 PM
    I was thinking this might be the issue. As luck would have it, I am self employed so I am my own administrator. I guess I need to figure out how to adjust settings from that end.
    You can find administrators app by going into settings type in search bar device administrator app then tap on the pop up search results for that see if anything besides android find my mobile ?
    06-25-2019 06:03 PM
    I was able to find the admin area of Office 365. Everything is to allow without restriction on my phone. So, I don't think Exchange is my problem.
    You can find administrators app by going into settings type in search bar device administrator app then tap on the pop up search results for that see if anything besides android find my mobile ?
    06-25-2019 07:44 PM
    I was able to find the admin area of Office 365. Everything is to allow without restriction on my phone. So, I don't think Exchange is my problem.
    Yeah , I hate to say it but from my experience somehow it took a setting from previous device and factory reset should fix this just transfer your picture,call,sms don't click settings or anything else should be good.
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    06-25-2019 07:47 PM
    Resetting worked, but what a pain.
    Yeah , I hate to say it but from my experience somehow it took a setting from previous device and factory reset should fix this just transfer your picture,call,sms don't click settings or anything else should be good.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-26-2019 10:31 PM
    Resetting worked, but what a pain.
    I'm glad it did , sorry you had to go that way .
    msugrad598 likes this.
    06-26-2019 10:42 PM