07-21-2019 11:16 PM
112 1234 ...
tools
    Just FYI for all those who think it was not an updated software issue. Samsung just admitted to the software glitch. Said it is working to resolve this issue within 24 hours due to numerous complaints.
    07-05-2019 05:30 PM
    Any links to the posting? Maybe Android Central can add it to the Blog...

Just FYI for all those who think it was not an updated software issue. Samsung just admitted to the software glitch. Said it is working to resolve this issue within 24 hours due to numerous complaints.
    belodion likes this.
    07-05-2019 05:53 PM
    Having this same issue. Never had a password, update just came through two hours ago and asking for a password. Called ATT and was passed on to samsung they both keep passing me back and forth anyone got anywhere or know who I need to contact?
    07-05-2019 07:59 PM
    Having this same issue. Never had a password, update just came through two hours ago and asking for a password. Called ATT and was passed on to samsung they both keep passing me back and forth anyone got anywhere or know who I need to contact?
    Most likely Samsung
    You have a Google account on the phone or Samsung?
    07-05-2019 08:26 PM
    I have both set up. Tried to do remote unlock on phone through samsung but it now tells me remote has been disabled.
    07-05-2019 09:02 PM
    For what it’s worth, I’m having the same issue since the July update (Verizon). Went to a Samsung authorized service center (after phone call with Samsung support) b/c Samung support suggested that I get the update reflashed. The service center told me that the reflash won’t fix the issue. They know this because several others have come in with the same problem and the reflash didn’t fix it.
    07-06-2019 12:28 PM
    At the moment nothing else can be done until Samsung get a fix out for you guys with the issue.
    07-06-2019 12:49 PM
    This is total bull**** I've contacted Samsung 5x since the update that I didn't ask for and been given the run around. I never had a password on the phone and it was preordered so it wasn't a refurb. I tried to unlock remotely and it says that feature is disabled. Samsung needs to get their **** tighter and fix this NOW my business depends on it. They now want proof of purchase and for me to mail the phone to them for an unlock that will take 7 days minimum. I've been a customer for years and now am rethinking my decision I'm at my wits end with the customer service
    07-08-2019 04:05 PM
    Sorry to hear that , unfortunately nothing but Samsung could fix this .
    07-08-2019 04:43 PM
    This is total bull**** I've contacted Samsung 5x since the update that I didn't ask for and been given the run around. I never had a password on the phone and it was preordered so it wasn't a refurb. I tried to unlock remotely and it says that feature is disabled. Samsung needs to get their **** tighter and fix this NOW my business depends on it. They now want proof of purchase and for me to mail the phone to them for an unlock that will take 7 days minimum. I've been a customer for years and now am rethinking my decision I'm at my wits end with the customer service
    Can you take a picture of the screen so we can see what it says?
    07-08-2019 04:55 PM
    For what it’s worth, I’m having the same issue since the July update (Verizon). Went to a Samsung authorized service center (after phone call with Samsung support) b/c Samung support suggested that I get the update reflashed. The service center told me that the reflash won’t fix the issue. They know this because several others have come in with the same problem and the reflash didn’t fix it.
    Have you happened to hear anything else on this? You're the only existing member with this issue, so maybe there is something going on that glitched the update. It's just odd that everyone else with this problem isn't really responding much to us and no one can seem to find any other news or online chatter about this problem.
    07-08-2019 06:18 PM
    We're still waiting for the link as requested by @ivanwi11iams above.

Without feedback to questions asked, or links, or any sort of concrete evidence in support of all this, there isn't much point to the thread, since, as things stand, and with such info as has been provided, there is nothing that Android Central can do. With further info, it may be a different matter.
    Mooncatt likes this.
    07-08-2019 06:56 PM
    It just brings up the Enter Password screen no matter what I try even a restart
    07-08-2019 07:15 PM
    It just brings up the Enter Password screen no matter what I try even a restart
    So at this moment you cant get into the phone?
    Factory reset it , see what happens?
    07-08-2019 07:27 PM
    Take out the Sim card, and post what happens when you reboot it without one.
    07-09-2019 08:09 AM
    Set up a 4 digit password when I got my phone, but never used it. Today my phone updated and now is requiring I use my password, however; when I type my password correctly the screen goes blank for a second then goes back to asking for my password. I can not restart my phone either as that requires the password it won’t accept! This phone is barely a month old.
    07-09-2019 04:44 PM
    I've merged your above thread with this existing one.
    07-09-2019 05:53 PM
    I can confirm that the password locking issue has been a sporadic problem for *some* Samsung S10 owners, and is a result of a glitch with the June update. Unfortunately, waiting on Samsung to fix it is a lost cause...and it wouldn't help anyway because customers with this problem are already locked out of their S10's.

First option you can try - hold volume down + power for at least 10 seconds, then your S10 should power down. As soon as the screen goes black, try holding volume up + Bixby button + power button to get into Recovery. If you get into Recovery, go ahead and factory reset from there. Should get you back up and running.

If that doesn't work, entering the password incorrectly 15 times should cause the S10 to factory reset itself. This will allow you to reset your S10 with your Gmail/Google account.

You could also try and re-flash your S10. To get into Download mode, instead of holding volume up + bixby + power after powering the device down, you'd hold volume down + bixby + power to get into Download mode. This would allow you to connect your S10 to a Windows PC and use Odin to flash. The process of flashing a Samsung S10 is covered in detail if you search the web. It does take time, requires some additional technical knowledge, but overall it's not a bad process.

What triggers or causes this "glitch" is not yet known. It seems fairly random, and only a small % of customers have reported this issue so far...some have updated and have not encountered this issue, while others have indeed encountered this problem. For anyone who hasn't updated to the June release, make sure your S10 is backed up, set a PIN or a password as the lock screen type and ensure it works before running the update. No guarantee that will prevent this problem but it should help.
    Javier P likes this.
    07-10-2019 01:04 PM
    I was looking up info on an unrelated topic and found this.

https://source.android.com/security/...ult_encryption

Upon first boot, the device creates a randomly generated 128-bit master key and then hashes it with a default password and stored salt. The default password is: "default_password"
    So for those of you having this issue, are you getting the full keyboard to enter a password? If so, give "default_password" a try and see what happens.
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-10-2019 02:34 PM
    I was looking up info on an unrelated topic and found this.

https://source.android.com/security/...ult_encryption

So for those of you having this issue, are you getting the full keyboard to enter a password? If so, give "default_password" a try and see what happens.
    At this point they gave no choice but to flash the firmware or try factory reset , they can't get into their phones , and that's if those 2 methods work .
    07-10-2019 03:47 PM
    At this point they gave no choice but to flash the firmware or try factory reset , they can't get into their phones , and that's if those 2 methods work .
    It was asking for a password even though one wasn't set-up by the user. It sounds like the phone's default password isn't supposed to be requested to to use it, so my thinking is maybe the glitch is now causing it to ask for that default. I'm still not totally convinced this is a real issue, but this is a possible solution if it is.
    07-10-2019 04:01 PM
    It was asking for a password even though one wasn't set-up by the user. It sounds like the phone's default password isn't supposed to be requested to to use it, so my thinking is maybe the glitch is now causing it to ask for that default. I'm still not totally convinced this is a real issue, but this is a possible solution if it is.
    It's possible , but no one came forward to try to work with us , just my Samsung did this and there gone .
    07-10-2019 04:29 PM
    It's possible , but no one came forward to try to work with us , just my Samsung did this and there gone .
    Yeah, that is rather disappointing.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-10-2019 04:31 PM
    Yeah, that is rather disappointing.
    Yeah I agree .
    07-10-2019 04:33 PM
    07-11-2019 02:36 PM
112 1234 ...