Is this a Samsung s10 issue or Android Pie 9.0 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
When trying to use Google assistant I tell it to call Dad and this is all I get. It never makes the call it just populates the screen. What the?
Yes, I've tried different contacts numbers with the same results.
Yes, I've rebooted the phone.
Yes, I've reinstalled the OS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190709-164711_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190709-164711_Google.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 56

Adrian_luna94

Jul 9, 2019
Visit site
Re: Is this a Samsung s10 issue or Android Pie 9.0 issue ?

maybe its a glitch something that didnt went well
did you ask your dad if he got your calls or if his phone is okay or not?

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site

maybe its a glitch something that didnt went well
did you ask your dad if he got your calls or if his phone is okay or not?

I have his phone sitting right next to me. No issues with it whatsoever. His Google assistant works perfect. Normally when using Google assistant when you tell it to call someone it opens the phone dialer app. This stays on that screen.

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site

Safe to assume you've tried it with other names in your directory and it behaves the same way?

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site

Safe to assume you've tried it with other names in your directory and it behaves the same way?

Here's what I posted earlier.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I'd say it's a Google issue.

If you've factory reset it's likely a server side problem and you'll just have to wait out. You could try opting in to the beta for the Google app... Worth a shot, right?

In a likely unrelated coincidence, for the last couple of weeks if i ask Bixby (ugh) on my Galaxy Watch to "call *contact name*" it just says "*contact name* is not in your contact list" so I can relate to your frustration.

Hey! That's an idea... You can always use Bixby (ugh) as a stop gap until it starts working again... If you're a masochist lol.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
This is what causes me to go back to iPhones year after year. I purchased the S8 tons of issues, S9 camera was broke and sent it in for repair and they didn't fix crap it was still broke and now this software issue with the S10. lol
Maybe I need to try a different brand of Android phone.
No OnePlus whatever it has to have wireless charging and be IP67 or 68 rating.

I just don't want to go back to Apple. I like it but their prices are too high. I end up buying the iPhone, iPad and an iMac because of the ecosystem. It get's expensive. I'd prefer Android and a Chromebook or Chromebox.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Here's what I posted earlier.
Did you reinstall the OS by flashing it ? Or you did a factory reset?

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Flashing it as in holding down the buttons and bringing up the menu screen and selecting erase? Yes
Also did the factory reset.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Flashing it as in holding down the buttons and bringing up the menu screen and selecting erase? Yes
Also did the factory reset.

Oh ok
So you cleared cache in recovery and a factory reset , flashing is through Odin the firmware , I thought maybe something went wrong if u did that , but now I know what you did .

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
did this happen recently or its been like that for awhile Google Assistant?

No way. I won't ever flash anything. lol Bricked a phone years ago and that was it for me.

No, it's started from day three and I've owned no for 37 days. It's actually gotten worse because when it does that like what you see in the screen shot the phone will sometimes freeze up and I have to reboot it. Even after a reboot Google assistant may or may not work.
That's just adding more frustration as I had to turn off Smart lock because it never worked at my house. Even after adding like 20 location within a block. LOL

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No way. I won't ever flash anything. lol Bricked a phone years ago and that was it for me.

No, it's started from day three and I've owned no for 37 days. It's actually gotten worse because when it does that like what you see in the screen shot the phone will sometimes freeze up and I have to reboot it. Even after a reboot Google assistant may or may not work.
That's just adding more frustration as I had to turn off Smart lock because it never worked at my house. Even after adding like 20 location within a block. LOL
When you set your phone up in beginning of after the factory reset do you use smart switch?

I don't blame you not flashing after bricking your phone lol

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
When you set your phone up in beginning of after the factory reset do you use smart switch?

I don't blame you not flashing after bricking your phone lol

No. Even when I bought new iPhones I'd never use any old iCloud or iTunes backups or nothing like Smart Switch.

I use to take screenshots of how I had my icon layout on my old phones and just set the phone up as new and redownload the apps. I really only use like 9 apps so it's no big deal.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No. Even when I bought new iPhones I'd never use any old iCloud or iTunes backups or nothing like Smart Switch.

I use to take screenshots of how I had my icon layout on my old phones and just set the phone up as new and redownload the apps. I really only use like 9 apps so it's no big deal.
9 apps , your phone should fly with no hiccups lol

Only thing I can suggest not confident it would work , would be uninstall the Google app update and don't let it update through Google play store see if that helps . To do this is long press the Google app >info tap > 3 Dots upper right corner uninstall the update but make sure play store you don't have apps update automatically.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Well, I suggest you bite the bullet and reinstall the firmware. In your situation you can use Emergency software recovery in Samsung Smart Switch. This is specifically for Samsungs and made by Samsung, it's not some kids playing with coding so you can have the confidence in know its use will not brick your phone. It will also keep your data intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34