Is this a Samsung s10 issue or Android Pie 9.0 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Well, I suggest you bite the bullet and reinstall the firmware. In your situation you can use Emergency software recovery in Samsung Smart Switch. This is specifically for Samsungs and made by Samsung, it's not some kids playing with coding so you can have the confidence in know its use will not brick your phone. It will also keep your data intact.

Samsung talked me through that process. In fact the tech took control of the phone and did everything. after 2 hours we finished and it didn't fix it. Sending it to Samsung as they think this isn't and app or software issue at this point.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Not sure I'll keep it. Odd thing is I have a Nokia V2 I use for backup and that thing has zero issues with Google Assistant and Zero issues when using Smart Lock. a phone i paid $39.97 for at Walmart. :eek:

Last edited:

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Ah, okay. Bummer. I was hoping.

I was just thinking and I did notice something odd and that's that it seems to happen most often when I'm in my truck. I'm starting to think it might be a bluetooth issues since it's paired to my phone and truck. I use my phone more than the factory voice commands in the truck because it tries to call everyone but the person I tell it to call. (Nissan)
I'm going to turn bluetooth off and try it on the way home.

I'll update then.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already tried, give this a shot. I had issues recently with Smart Lock and this worked for me. Long press on your Trusted Location (your address) and click on Edit. On the map move your finger ever so slightly until you see your address as latitude/longitude coordinates. Save and reboot your phone and see if that fixes it. I'm on day 3 after making the change and so far so good!

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
If you haven't already tried, give this a shot. I had issues recently with Smart Lock and this worked for me. Long press on your Trusted Location (your address) and click on Edit. On the map move your finger ever so slightly until you see your address as latitude/longitude coordinates. Save and reboot your phone and see if that fixes it. I'm on day 3 after making the change and so far so good!

I have like 6 addresses saved for Smart Lock. They don't show latitude/longitude coordinates anymore. It shows it like this now. 5777+4F HASKELL, TX, USA
5777+4H, 4G, 5F, 4J, 4M etc. Even use the next door neighbors address since their house is 30 foot away. Nadda

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Ah, okay. Bummer. I was hoping.

As for the Okay Google issue it seems it is the Bluetooth in my Truck and my phone. Nothing I can do about that. If I use my phone for Navigation for me to be able to hear directions I have to turn off the bluetooth or change my radio to the AUX channel and i hear it over the stereo speakers

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
As for the Okay Google issue it seems it is the Bluetooth in my Truck and my phone. Nothing I can do about that. If I use my phone for Navigation for me to be able to hear directions I have to turn off the bluetooth or change my radio to the AUX channel and i hear it over the stereo speakers

Go to Google settings under Voice. I see some Bluetooth related settings with one about audio recording that you could try toggling on/off to see what happens.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have like 6 addresses saved for Smart Lock. They don't show latitude/longitude coordinates anymore. It shows it like this now. 5777+4F HASKELL, TX, USA
5777+4H, 4G, 5F, 4J, 4M etc. Even use the next door neighbors address since their house is 30 foot away. Nadda

When I edit my address and move my finger around slightly on the map, I get coordinates in place of addresses. It even said Unknown at one spot. Sorry it wasn't a fix for you!

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190725-132123_Google Play services.jpg
    Screenshot_20190725-132123_Google Play services.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20190725-125233_Google Play services.jpg
    Screenshot_20190725-125233_Google Play services.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 11
  • htkjko3oh2o21.jpg
    htkjko3oh2o21.jpg