Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
    So all day today I can bring up the camera and it locks up and then tells me warning camera failed and shuts down. Anyone else have this issue?
    07-10-2019 09:12 PM
    So all day today I can bring up the camera and it locks up and then tells me warning camera failed and shuts down. Anyone else have this issue?
    No issues on mine , have you tried restarting or force close the camera app?
    07-10-2019 09:25 PM
    No issues on mine , have you tried restarting or force close the camera app?
    Did force close a few times. Restarted this morning before this issue but will attempt again now.
    07-10-2019 11:54 PM
    Did force close a few times. Restarted this morning before this issue but will attempt again now.
    Hardware may be fried. Do you notice excessive heat and/or battery drain as well?
    07-11-2019 07:52 AM
    Wow! You too?! My S9 phone has the same camera failure issue, but it's sporadic and totally random. Sometimes the problem persists for a few minutes, other times it goes away quickly. Just the other day, I took a picture of a computer monitor screen, but instead of showing a pic of the screen, there was a completely blank green screen instead...a totally green screen showed up. So strange.
    07-11-2019 10:18 AM
    Wow! You too?! My S9 phone has the same camera failure issue, but it's sporadic and totally random. Sometimes the problem persists for a few minutes, other times it goes away quickly. Just the other day, I took a picture of a computer monitor screen, but instead of showing a pic of the screen, there was a completely blank green screen instead...a totally green screen showed up. So strange.
    That sounds like hardware issue, do you have insurance?
    07-11-2019 10:41 AM
    No I don't have insurance on my phone. I don't consider this a serious issue...yet. But it might get worse, who knows?

Attached is a screenshot of the "green screen". I took a simple snapshot picture of my computer monitor, nothing special. But instead of a monitor image, I got this totally green screen pic. Well, I suppose I should be thankful for not getting a camera failure warning, haha.

In all the years I've used "smart" phones, dating back to the Palm Treo/Pre era, I've never experienced a phone that decided to give me a green screen.

By the way, for over 10 years, I was deeply into high end digital photography using my Nikon DSLR cameras dating back to the Nikon D1x. Having shot literally many hundreds of thousands of digital images, I have experienced all types of strange problems inherent with digital cameras. But not even my old Samsung Note 2, 3, 4 phones ever gave me this weird camera problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera warning-green-screen-s9-phone.jpg  
    07-11-2019 10:55 AM
    No I don't have insurance on my phone. I don't consider this a serious issue...yet. But it might get worse, who knows?

Attached is a screenshot of the "green screen". I took a simple snapshot picture of my computer monitor, nothing special. But instead of a monitor image, I got this totally green screen pic. Well, I suppose I should be thankful for not getting a camera failure warning, haha.

In all the years I've used "smart" phones, dating back to the Palm Treo/Pre era, I've never experienced a phone that decided to give me a green screen.

By the way, for over 10 years, I was deeply into high end digital photography using my Nikon DSLR cameras dating back to the Nikon D1x. Having shot literally many hundreds of thousands of digital images, I have experienced all types of strange problems inherent with digital cameras. But not even my old Samsung Note 2, 3, 4 phones ever gave me this weird camera problem.
    Is this your screen or when you open the camera?
    07-11-2019 11:10 AM
    After I took a picture with the phone, the green image immediately showed up in my Gallery. When I swipe up on the image, it shows all the EXIF information, such as 206.99 KB, Resolution 4032x3024, date and path, plus exposure information. I know this is not a "real" image, since the "Size" is only 206.99 KB. My phone camera usually shows a size around 3 to 4 MB for a picture taken.
    07-11-2019 11:24 AM
    Hardware may be fried. Do you notice excessive heat and/or battery drain as well?
    Battery is good to go. It lasts about 2 days still. No heat either. I did a restart this morning and so far so good. *crosses fingers*
    07-11-2019 11:55 AM
    Doing a simple phone restart does help to at least temporarily get rid of the camera failure issue. I've already done this a few times.
    07-11-2019 12:01 PM
    Doing a simple phone restart does help to at least temporarily get rid of the camera failure issue. I've already done this a few times.
    Yes, and Samsung even has a setting where you can schedule device restarts so I suppose that is an admission regular device restarts are needed to keep things running smoothly.
    07-11-2019 01:05 PM
    I used to do the automatic phone restart scheduled for 3am daily. But I didn't like it because the entire phone would lock up and require a PIN # for access which would take around 20 to 30 seconds to finish unlocking. I found this annoying. When I get out of bed in the morning, I want to see whatever notifications on my screen right away, not the lock screen and PIN # required to open the phone.
    07-11-2019 01:29 PM