Guys, this issue is driving me NUTS, and I have no idea what to do.
    I've cleared the phone's cache, and I've booted in Safe Mode, and the problem persists.

I press "Play" on a Whatsapp voice note, and it takes a whole second to switch to the earpiece only and for the screen to go black, instead of it doing it instantly!

Anyone else having this issue? Seems to be a hardware thing, but maybe this is something that can be fixed with a software update...?

EDIT: happens when I'm calling someone too. Takes a whole second for it to turn off the screen when I start a call and put the phone on my ears. Very annoying!
    07-18-2019 10:00 AM
    Guys, this issue is driving me NUTS, and I have no idea what to do.
    I've cleared the phone's cache, and I've booted in Safe Mode, and the problem persists.

I press "Play" on a Whatsapp voice note, and it takes a whole second to switch to the earpiece only and for the screen to go black, instead of it doing it instantly!

Anyone else having this issue? Seems to be a hardware thing, but maybe this is something that can be fixed with a software update...?

EDIT: happens when I'm calling someone too. Takes a whole second for it to turn off the screen when I start a call and put the phone on my ears. Very annoying!
    Maybe problem on WhatsApp end?
    Did you try clearing cache there and force close?
    07-18-2019 10:07 AM
    I have a problem with my proximity sensor, it means AOD doesn't switch off. I'm hoping there will be an update to resolve this.
    07-18-2019 10:07 AM
    I have a problem with my proximity sensor, it means AOD doesn't switch off. I'm hoping there will be an update to resolve this.
    I Know been issue since day 1, just gets dim.
    07-18-2019 10:09 AM
    Maybe problem on WhatsApp end?
    Did you try clearing cache there and force close?
    No sir. This is a known issue on the S10 series.
    07-18-2019 10:11 AM
    It uses about 5% battery so I use tap to display
    07-18-2019 10:11 AM
    No sir. This is a known issue on the S10 series.
    I use WhatsApp , not experiencing this.
    07-18-2019 10:16 AM
    I use WhatsApp , not experiencing this.
    Good for you! I just uninstalled and reinstalled Whatsapp on my phone, and the problem persists. Therefore, it's not a Whatsapp problem.
    07-18-2019 10:37 AM
    Good for you! I just uninstalled and reinstalled Whatsapp on my phone, and the problem persists. Therefore, it's not a Whatsapp problem.
    This only happens when you switch to ear piece to listen to the voice note?
    07-18-2019 10:40 AM
    This only happens when you switch to ear piece to listen to the voice note?
    Yes, and this was NOT a problem with my OnePlus 5, nor it's a problem with my mom's iPhone XS Max, nor it's a problem with my dad's Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
    07-18-2019 10:46 AM
    Yes, and this was NOT a problem with my OnePlus 5, nor it's a problem with my mom's iPhone XS Max, nor it's a problem with my dad's Huawei Mate 20 Lite.
    Ok , just trying help you figure this out.
    I have WhatsApp on my following devices also no issues. But want try help you figure it out .
    iPhone x
    Note 9
    1+6
    Pixel 3xl
    S10+
    Those phones I have it on but regardless let's see if we can figure your issue out .
    07-18-2019 10:55 AM
    Can you go to settings then apps > 3 Dots upper right corner tap> reset app preference see if anything changes?
    07-18-2019 10:57 AM
    Can you go to settings then apps > 3 Dots upper right corner tap> reset app preference see if anything changes?
    that didn't work, and now my Whatsapp chats appear with the numbers only, not the names. And to fix it, I need to follow the instructions found on https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/30019297/, and I don't know what that's going to do with my Whatsapp chats. Here we go again, uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

It's a phone issue. And Samsung needs to answer for this. Thanks anyway
    07-18-2019 12:13 PM
    that didn't work, and now my Whatsapp chats appear with the numbers only, not the names. And to fix it, I need to follow the instructions found on https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/30019297/, and I don't know what that's going to do with my Whatsapp chats. Here we go again, uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Oh sorry didn't workout, you can get hold of Samsung through the members app let them Know your issue .
    07-18-2019 10:36 PM
    There is definitely something buggy about it. I've hung up a few calls accidentally with my face as well, just using the regular phone app.

Also occasional pocket dials and music starts playing randomly after leaving car / Android Auto, which I suspect may be the sensor as well.

Hopefully just a software issue!
    07-19-2019 10:08 AM
    Doesn’t work with some apps. Runtastic push-ups Pro doesn’t work at all on my S10 5G. Doesn’t recognize the face approaching
    07-20-2019 12:52 PM
    Samsung needs to answer for this? You sound like you're special and entitled. Nobody wants to receive a defective phone but it happens.

Do you realize there are going to be lemons?

Have you contacted Samsung for a replacement?
    07-20-2019 08:37 PM
    Its phone. On regular dialer I occassionally notice my phone call is paused. It is because somehow my ear triggers the 3 dots on dialer and hits pause. Usually only happens on incoming calls so I am going to disable AOD and see if that is related...somehow.
    07-23-2019 02:37 PM