Software flash question

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Told you I was rusty! Did some research, you are spot on about flashing the fw, it can be done, my apologies, but Just so you know, just installing the firmware may not necessarily give you VoLTE or WiFi calling from AT&T. I believe it's also tied to the IMEI of the device, i.e., it needs to be an AT&T branded device
It will load that stuff up except I didn't see VOLte as others have complained not seeing it on there orginal Att model bought from Att.
I know Samsung phones very well
It's ok , your awesome member here

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I think the OP is looking for all of the goodies associated with a branded phone. LOL I'm supposed to know Samsung phones v. well. They are all Ive ever known going back years but I have taken a 2 year break from forums and realise how much I've forgotten.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the OP is looking for all of the goodies associated with a branded phone. LOL I'm supposed to know Samsung phones v. well. They are all Ive ever known going back years but I have taken a 2 year break from forums and realise how much I've forgotten.
I understand no problem
I wouldn't keep correcting this thread if I wasn't percent , but like you , I know Samsung phones very well also .
You help members on here and I have respect on that . Cheers:

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I understand no problem
I wouldn't keep correcting this thread if I wasn't percent , but like you , I know Samsung phones very well also .
You help members on here and I have respect on that . Cheers:
You're inaccurate because once I put the AT&T sim card in it prompts to restart but doesn't load any of the AT&T apps. You have to download them manually. As I stated previously, this is a Verizon s10 and if you're such an expert MOST Verizon phones come unlocked. You should also know that it is possible you can brick a phone if you don't installed proper software.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You're inaccurate because once I put the AT&T sim card in it prompts to restart but doesn't load any of the AT&T apps. You have to download them manually. As I stated previously, this is a Verizon s10 and if you're such an expert MOST Verizon phones come unlocked. You should also know that it is possible you can brick a phone if you don't installed proper software.
Your wrong with bricking the phone as all carrier are universal firmware.
I have a T-Mobile branded Note 9 which is unlocked for any carrier, installed my Att sim got the apps and splash screen installed.

Did your splash screen change to Att?
Did you look in your app drawer for other Att bloat ware and apps ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Compare two ROMS - say Verizon and AT&T. You'll see differences all over the place. (I don't expect you to do it by hand, bue a binary diff program. You'll see. I have.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Compare two ROMS - say Verizon and AT&T. You'll see differences all over the place. (I don't expect you to do it by hand, bue a binary diff program. You'll see. I have.)
Take for example s10+ rom
Sm-g975u it's the same across the board only sim will decide what gets installed
Your total wrong it can't get brick unless user error installed wrong files in slot but even that probably would abort installation on Odin .

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
With Odin I flashed a Verizon S10 and installed the unlocked OS and now it boots up with only Samsung and no vzw apps etc...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For the sake of others it is important to note that Verizon branded models are not unlocked intially. I posted directly from their website because the link wouldnt work

Device Unlocking Policies

In order to mitigate theft and other fraudulent activity, newly purchased devices are “locked” to work exclusively on the Verizon network. We have separate device unlocking policies that cover postpay and prepaid devices, as well as special rules for deployed military personnel.

“Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network. Due to differing technologies, an unlocked Verizon Wireless device may not work – or may experience limited functionality – on another carrier’s network.

Postpay Device Unlocking Policy

Devices that you purchase from Verizon are locked for 60 days after purchase. Devices that you purchase from our retail partners are locked for 60 days after activation. After 60 days, we will automatically remove the lock. Following the 60 day lock period, we do not lock our phones at any time.

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy

Devices that you purchase from Verizon and certain devices purchased from our retail partners are locked for 60 days after activation. After 60 days, we will automatically remove the lock. Following the 60 day lock period following device purchase, we do not lock our phones at any time.

If you purchase a 4G Phone-in-a-Box from our retail partners, you should review the back of the box to determine the lock period applicable to that device.

Unlocking Policy for Deployed Military Personnel

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer in the military and receive relocation orders outside of the Verizon Coverage Area, we will unlock your device at your request, even during the 60-day-lock period following the purchase of your device.

Updated on: July 19, 2019

Last edited:

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Your wrong with bricking the phone as all carrier are universal firmware.
I have a T-Mobile branded Note 9 which is unlocked for any carrier, installed my Att sim got the apps and splash screen installed.

Did your splash screen change to Att?
Did you look in your app drawer for other Att bloat ware and apps ?
On both my parents phones none of that happened. So don't know what you're talking about. Makes no sense. Still has verizon OS on both.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Take for example s10+ rom
Sm-g975u it's the same across the board only sim will decide what gets installed
Your total wrong it can't get brick unless user error installed wrong files in slot but even that probably would abort installation on Odin .
Disagree. It's happened before.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With custom ROMs on my note 5 and then trying to flash back to stock. Plus when I put the att sim cards in my parents Verizon phones, I checked no att apps or software was installed. So idk where you're getting that from.
Custom Roms flashing is different then flashing a stock firmware to another stock firmware, note 5 lot of things change in flashing now .
Putting your Att sim don't install software it loads Att splash screen and apps , probably because it was Verizon before and didn't load the att apps but you do a factory reset it will load them .
I own currently S8+/S9+/Note9/s10+/note2/note4
I've been flashing these for years
If you don't believe me or trust me on this that's fine . But I've helped countless number of people here in the forums on this stuff .

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Its because the current software level still does not support auto brand switching. Meaning when you put a t mobile sim inside and unlocked att phone it will rebrand to a tmobile device.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Custom Roms flashing is different then flashing a stock firmware to another stock firmware, note 5 lot of things change in flashing now .
Putting your Att sim don't install software it loads Att splash screen and apps , probably because it was Verizon before and didn't load the att apps but you do a factory reset it will load them .
I own currently S8+/S9+/Note9/s10+/note2/note4
I've been flashing these for years
If you don't believe me or trust me on this that's fine . But I've helped countless number of people here in the forums on this stuff .
It's a Verizon phone we already established that.

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Hello All Happy Friday!

Some questions for you. So I just switched my parents over to Wing which is AT&T service at a discounted monthly rate. They had Verizon prior to switching.

My mom and pop have an s10 & s10e so is it possible I can flash the AT&T version of software for these devices? So they benefit all the features? Please let me know if its possible. I've searched but its a bit more complicated of a topic. I know I can flash software via Odin just a matter of where to get the software/rom from.

Thanks folks!

I do this frequently with several S10+ phones that I have. I go between AT&T and T-Mobile and even Xfinity Mobile all the time. I get the firmware downloads from the XDA forums. Just search Google for XDA AT&T S10 and another search for the S10e, and after some reading, you'll find a thread or two that have all the files listed that you can download from there. You'll need a Windows computer as well.

It's easy to do and don't worry, you can't brick the phone or damage it in any way. I have a S10+ that was on AT&T that is now running the unlocked firmware that I am going to flat back to AT&T in a day or two.

Hopefully you already got the phones flashed and are your parents are using them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke