Software flash question

raj2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
I have a Samsung S10 plus originally with Verizon and its unlocked. I am trying to make this phone work with sprint network but Sprint says 'it is not compatible and can't be activated'. Phone details are:

Model: SM-G975U

Baseband version: G975USQS1ASD9

Could it be because of baseband version or do I need to flash firware? Any idea how I could make this phone work on Sprint network, I am stuck right now. Any help, much appreciated

Thanks

I do this frequently with several S10+ phones that I have. I go between AT&T and T-Mobile and even Xfinity Mobile all the time. I get the firmware downloads from the XDA forums. Just search Google for XDA AT&T S10 and another search for the S10e, and after some reading, you'll find a thread or two that have all the files listed that you can download from there. You'll need a Windows computer as well.

It's easy to do and don't worry, you can't brick the phone or damage it in any way. I have a S10+ that was on AT&T that is now running the unlocked firmware that I am going to flat back to AT&T in a day or two.

Hopefully you already got the phones flashed and are your parents are using them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung S10 plus originally with Verizon and its unlocked. I am trying to make this phone work with sprint network but Sprint says 'it is not compatible and can't be activated'. Phone details are:

Model: SM-G975U

Baseband version: G975USQS1ASD9

Could it be because of baseband version or do I need to flash firware? Any idea how I could make this phone work on Sprint network, I am stuck right now. Any help, much appreciated

Thanks
Do you have a sprint sim card?

bmata80

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Hello... I am completely new to this. Just ported my Note 10+ 5G over from Verizon to At&t. Works ok except it is not allowing 5G connectivity (says 4G LTE up to). From what I have read it needs to be unlocked..? Costs $$$ so if thats the case I should just buy At&t phone..??? not sure what to do please help!!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello... I am completely new to this. Just ported my Note 10+ 5G over from Verizon to At&t. Works ok except it is not allowing 5G connectivity (says 4G LTE up to). From what I have read it needs to be unlocked..? Costs $$$ so if thats the case I should just buy At&t phone..??? not sure what to do please help!!!
Hi, welcome to AC!

You can flash to the unlocked firmware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Now you will need prince comsey odin latest from xda forums and fija tool.

Frija tool you will download the firmware
Use the unlocked model number and region xaa

Look over my steps a couple times

bmata80

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Ok my apologies I am lost. Downloaded all 3 apps

My model in SM-N976V

Tried on Samfirm if gave me error

Frija do not know CSC..???

Screenshot 2021-01-23 122513.jpg

bmata80

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
I am sorry but you are going to have to draw it in crayon and hold my hand for this. I have rooted my old androids but that was 10 years ago and I don't really remeber any of this suff :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21