Software flash question

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello All Happy Friday!

Some questions for you. So I just switched my parents over to Wing which is AT&T service at a discounted monthly rate. They had Verizon prior to switching.

My mom and pop have an s10 & s10e so is it possible I can flash the AT&T version of software for these devices? So they benefit all the features? Please let me know if its possible. I've searched but its a bit more complicated of a topic. I know I can flash software via Odin just a matter of where to get the software/rom from.

Thanks folks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello All Happy Friday!

Some questions for you. So I just switched my parents over to Wing which is AT&T service at a discounted monthly rate. They had Verizon prior to switching.

My mom and pop have an s10 & s10e so is it possible I can flash the AT&T version of software for these devices? So they benefit all the features? Please let me know if its possible. I've searched but its a bit more complicated of a topic. I know I can flash software via Odin just a matter of where to get the software/rom from.

Thanks folks!
Yes you can flash no problem
I would advise getting it unlocked to use with other carrier so that sim works .
Best place is sammobile firmware for easy no pain hassle install for you , more advance have different places but stick there. Any other questions let me know

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I would advise getting it unlocked to use with other carrier so that sim works .
Best place is sammobile firmware for easy no pain hassle install for you , more advance have different places but stick there. Any other questions let me know

Verizon phones are unlocked by default. They are not locked. You cant get carrier software from sammobile.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I just checked Sammobile and it doesn't have AT&T stock firmware for the galaxy s10 or s10e. Only Verizon and T Mobile stock firmware. So much for being reliable.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah strange only TMO, Sprint, Verizon you can use any of them to flash as all carrier use same firmware and your sim will dictate what gets installed

Ok TMO, sprint verizon does me no good because I just informed you that its a Verizon S10 and im trying to install AT&Ts version of software on both phones. I appreciate the assistance but I dont think your getting what im trying to do. I am trying to install AT&Ts Rom Version onto the Verizon s10. As instead of it saying Verizon when it boots up, it shows the AT&T logo. Follow what im saying? Im not looking to upgrade firmware at the moment.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok TMO, sprint verizon does me no good because I just informed you that its a Verizon S10 and im trying to install AT&Ts version of software on both phones. I appreciate the assistance but I dont think your getting what im trying to do. I am trying to install AT&Ts Rom Version onto the Verizon s10. As instead of it saying Verizon when it boots up, it shows the AT&T logo. Follow what im saying? Im not looking to upgrade firmware at the moment.
I'm following you, you need to pay close attention what I'm saying, I have lot of experience doing this, as I do it a lot.
Any carrier firmware you install, will without a issue . Your Sim Card will dictate what gets put on the phone bloat ware, carrier splash screen. If you say Verizon is unlocked to work with any carrier then your good to go, you don't even have to flash , just insert your Att sim card and it will prompt a restart to install all the Att stuff . If its not unlocked it won't change the splash screen and ask to be be sim unlocked to use with another carrier.
Your welcome , im here to help you , as I enjoy this stuff, I'm very knowledgeable on Samsung flashing.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm following you, you need to pay close attention what I'm saying, I have lot of experience doing this, as I do it a lot.
Any carrier firmware you install, will without a issue . Your Sim Card will dictate what gets put on the phone bloat ware, carrier splash screen. If you say Verizon is unlocked to work with any carrier then your good to go, you don't even have to flash , just insert your Att sim card and it will prompt a restart to install all the Att stuff . If its not unlocked it won't change the splash screen and ask to be be sim unlocked to use with another carrier.
Your welcome , im here to help you , as I enjoy this stuff, I'm very knowledgeable on Samsung flashing.
I understand but how can that be? If I flash install a Sprint version can't that mess up the phone ?

jmartin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If I understand correctly, OP is looking to flash the phones with ATT software to enable VoLTE and WiFi calling. I have an unlocked, from Samsung S10 with an ATT SIM and those features are not available. He needs the ATT specific ROMS to enable those features.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I understand correctly, OP is looking to flash the phones with ATT software to enable VoLTE and WiFi calling. I have an unlocked, from Samsung S10 with an ATT SIM and those features are not available. He needs the ATT specific ROMS to enable those features.
OP not flashing to Samsung unlocked model that ends with U1 which is yours , flashing to carrier one which is U but doesn't need to if Verizon phone is already sim unlocked , put sim of Att and it will prompt to restart to change over to the sim that's installed.
There's a difference between carrier sim unlocked and Samsung unlocked version. 2 different things Samsung unlocked ends U1 and carrier version U

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
There is no such thing as an AT&T rom in the wild. AT&T only update over mobile data to devices with AT&T firmware. Therefore the device must be AT&T branded for Volte so this is Mission Impossible!

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
It is not possible to flash this device with an AT&T ROM therefore its Mission Impossible. You will not find any AT&T firmware from kit kat onwards. Placing an AT&T sim in a Verizon device will not give it AT&T firmware. Also the phone won't get any updates without a Verizon sim

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is not possible to flash this device with an AT&T ROM therefore its Mission Impossible
You do know that carrier firmwares are interchangeable between all carrier?
You know OP Verizon you could even flash the unlocked Samsung official?
He can flash TMobile, Sprint,Att don't matter
So yes this will definitely percent work without a question.

Let me get @Ruben Ocasio a XDA dev
I do this every month to check unlocked firmware Att, TMobile when a software update comes out to see what's new or different. I use 2 SIM Att and TMobile

OP should use Att sim first before flashing because it's unlocked.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Told you I was rusty! Did some research, you are spot on about flashing the fw, it can be done, my apologies, but Just so you know, just installing the firmware may not necessarily give you VoLTE or WiFi calling from AT&T. I believe it's also tied to the IMEI of the device, i.e., it needs to be an AT&T branded device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2