When saving new contacts, there are like 3 options. One is saving to the phone, one is a Samsung cloud option (I think), and the other might be the SD card.

Are their benefits or restrictions based on which you choose? Back in the day, you lost some info types depending on you saved a contact. I tend to keep pictures of contacts, and custom ring tones which I hate having to redo when moving phones. Which leads to the question, which is the best save option, and best way to backup contacts?

I've also saved different contacts potentially to each of the 3 types, is there a way to consolidate them based on what is saved?
    07-20-2019 06:35 AM
    When saving new contacts, there are like 3 options. One is saving to the phone, one is a Samsung cloud option (I think), and the other might be the SD card.

Are their benefits or restrictions based on which you choose? Back in the day, you lost some info types depending on you saved a contact. I tend to keep pictures of contacts, and custom ring tones which I hate having to redo when moving phones. Which leads to the question, which is the best save option, and best way to backup contacts?

I've also saved different contacts potentially to each of the 3 types, is there a way to consolidate them based on what is saved?
    Erm i cant really give a solid answer.but i always save to device.never been into Samsung Cloud nor SD cards.and if im gonna change my phone ill just send it over via bluetooth.
    07-20-2019 11:21 AM
    I am not a huge advocate of saving contacts Toba phone or an SD card. If something happens to the phone or SD card your out of luck. I always save to cloud, Google or exchange server account.. just food for thought, plan for the unexpected
    07-21-2019 06:28 PM
    I always save to my Google acct. That way I can access my contacts on all my devices... phone, Chromebook, PC.
    07-21-2019 06:40 PM