Anyone having issues with the option "Add to Home"?

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i recently just upgraded from S7 to a S10 plus and have been having an issue with trying to add an app to the home screen. Rather than dragging the app to the home screen they have added a option to "Add to Home" but every time i click that it adds it to a whole new screen, instead of adding it to the current home it opens a blank new one and puts it there... every time i try to use this option i am constantly having to delete blank screens and move the app to the default home screen which shouldn't happen when they have this option to do so... Has anyone had/have this happen to them? Is there a work around this other than dragging the app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Usually, this is because the launcher is looking for the lower-rightmost open spot. If you already have an icon there, even if there are plenty of other spots, the launcher will create a new homescreen and put the shortcut there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so i recently just upgraded from S7 to a S10 plus and have been having an issue with trying to add an app to the home screen. Rather than dragging the app to the home screen they have added a option to "Add to Home" but every time i click that it adds it to a whole new screen, instead of adding it to the current home it opens a blank new one and puts it there... every time i try to use this option i am constantly having to delete blank screens and move the app to the default home screen which shouldn't happen when they have this option to do so... Has anyone had/have this happen to them? Is there a work around this other than dragging the app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately that's how it works

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Usually, this is because the launcher is looking for the lower-rightmost open spot. If you already have an icon there, even if there are plenty of other spots, the launcher will create a new homescreen and put the shortcut there.

Ahh i found the right spot it is looking for... for the s10 plus its is the bottom left most corner it puts them in and if its occupied then it opens a new screen... Updated my homescreen from 4x5 to 4x6 and this helped out the problem. Diddy thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and this helped me fix my problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting -- I'm used to seeing it as the lower right, but each launcher can be different, I guess! Glad you figured it out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, interesting -- I'm used to seeing it as the lower right, but each launcher can be different, I guess! Glad you figured it out.
What's interesting on my s10+ is it has 3 home pages and none are full, if I were to add a app from app drawer by long pressing it , it will only go to the last home page

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When you are in the app drawer, press & hold the app, and when you're able to move it, drag it to the top of the app drawer & your home screens should appear. You can then place it in whatever screen or spot you want it in.

Edit* I just found out that if you press & hold the app in the app drawer and wait 2 seconds, while still pressing it, the home screen appears & you can place it where you want. At least on my At&t S10+ that's how it works.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
When you are in the app drawer, press & hold the app, and when you're able to move it, drag it to the top of the app drawer & your home screens should appear. You can then place it in whatever screen or spot you want it in.

Edit* I just found out that if you press & hold the app in the app drawer and wait 2 seconds, while still pressing it, the home screen appears & you can place it where you want. At least on my At&t S10+ that's how it works.
Yup this is how I do it as well. Just tap and hold.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Yup....it works on all variants

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon