Both s10+ lost data connection simultaneously.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Here's a true story. Both my wife and I lost complete data connectivity on our T Mobile S10+ devices today at home at the same time. Since we're on wifi I figured it would be that. But no, even on t mobile LTE there was no data, bars etc showed but no internet access.

So I reconnected both devices to wifi and the attached pop up was shown. However her Samsung tablet and other wifi devices worked in the house just fine. Going back to mobile data again failed to ping anything.

After about 30 mins it resolved itself on both devices. I find it highly unlikely that both devices are defective at the same time.

My question is, would it be possible that T Mobile data going down in my area would have caused this? I wouldn't have thought so since the router is connected to Spectrum and doesnt use T Mobile, although it is a T Mobile router. Could it be DNS adguard that we both use, I forgot about this whilst running diagnostics when we were both offline.

Thanks.Screenshot_20190726-094619_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190726-105746_Samsung Internet.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, the DNS server would be the first thing to test. Can you replicate the problem? If so, do it, and then try switching to the Google or Cloudflare DNS server, and see if the problem goes away.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I agree, the DNS server would be the first thing to test. Can you replicate the problem? If so, do it, and then try switching to the Google or Cloudflare DNS server, and see if the problem goes away.
I should have tested that. It was probably that. Thanks.