I'm on my second day in the Android world - my only experience previously is with Windows phone and Apple. I have an unlocked S10+ running on AT&T. I was surprised to not see a 'voicemail' button on the dialer app like on my previous phones. One where I could see a list of voicemails and listen to or swipe to delete them, etc. The voicemail app is a completely different app, and when I use it I'm prompted to enter my password, hit 7 to delete, etc. It's like I'm using GTE call notes in 1997. I do see that I can hold down the 1 key to connect to VM, but I still have to enter my password and what not. Is there a better way?
    07-26-2019 02:14 PM
    It is because you have an unlocked device.

On a AT&T locked device the voicemail is integrated in the caller app as expected.
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    07-26-2019 02:23 PM
    On the T Mobile one it doesnt exist . Vvm that is, one has to download their specific app from playstore.
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    07-26-2019 02:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail, and see if you can modify the Voicemail Number to include a Pause character (either P or a comma), then your PIN (and * afterwards, if necessary). If it doesn't let you do that, then create a separate voicemail contact with that number and set it as a speed-dial (or create a Direct Dial widget for that contact on your homescreen).
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    07-26-2019 02:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail, and see if you can modify the Voicemail Number to include a Pause character (either P or a comma), then your PIN (and * afterwards, if necessary). If it doesn't let you do that, then create a separate voicemail contact with that number and set it as a speed-dial (or create a Direct Dial widget for that contact on your homescreen).
    So I did install the default VM app and was able to set it up to where I'm not required to enter my password, and I can delete without having to listen to it. It's still a separate app, but I can live with that. We don't really live in a voicemail world anymore luckily!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-26-2019 03:13 PM
    So I did install the default VM app and was able to set it up to where I'm not required to enter my password, and I can delete without having to listen to it. It's still a separate app, but I can live with that. We don't really live in a voicemail world anymore luckily!
    Don't laugh, but I've recently started using my Google voice number as my voicemail.
    07-26-2019 10:48 PM
    On the T Mobile one it doesnt exist . Vvm that is, one has to download their specific app from playstore.
    It comes automatically , no need to download the visual voicemail. If you go to dialer you can long press #1 takes you straight to voicemail not visual.
    07-27-2019 01:17 PM
    It comes automatically , no need to download the visual voicemail. If you go to dialer you can long press #1 takes you straight to voicemail not visual.
    I'm talking about hard coded inbuilt vvm. Holding 1 on keypad dials my vm yes.
    07-27-2019 01:29 PM
    Oh ok gotcha , yeah then not yet on T-Mobile version.
    07-27-2019 01:32 PM
    Sadly, using an unlocked phone on AT&T gets you no visual voicemail, wifi calling & that AT&T video calling feature (which I've never tried). There might be something else missing too. AT&T *could* provision the phone but doubtful that you could find a willing employee. I think you can at least flash the AT&T carrier stuff onto the phone but I believe that will also come with their bloatware. It is a must that I have wifi calling so I'm forced to go with the AT&T version. Still haven't even been able to carrier unlock it even though I have the code. Just a pain having to be on the phone for an hour & a half every time I call them.
    07-27-2019 10:02 PM
    Sadly, using an unlocked phone on AT&T gets you no visual voicemail, wifi calling & that AT&T video calling feature (which I've never tried). There might be something else missing too. AT&T *could* provision the phone but doubtful that you could find a willing employee. I think you can at least flash the AT&T carrier stuff onto the phone but I believe that will also come with their bloatware. It is a must that I have wifi calling so I'm forced to go with the AT&T version. Still haven't even been able to carrier unlock it even though I have the code. Just a pain having to be on the phone for an hour & a half every time I call them.
    If you have the Samsung unlocked version it Should be carrier unlocked no need for unlock code ?
    You can flash to carrier firmware if you want the Att stuff like video calm and WiFi calling.
    07-27-2019 10:33 PM
    If you have the Samsung unlocked version it Should be carrier unlocked no need for unlock code ?
    You can flash to carrier firmware if you want the Att stuff like video calm and WiFi calling.
    Unfortunately, I have the carrier version & have had nothing but headaches trying to get the phone carrier unlocked. I give up & will probably trade it in anyway for a Note 10+ which will be another AT&T model. I can live with the bloatware.
    07-27-2019 10:37 PM
    Unfortunately, I have the carrier version & have had nothing but headaches trying to get the phone carrier unlocked. I give up & will probably trade it in anyway for a Note 10+ which will be another AT&T model. I can live with the bloatware.
    Oh wow , yeah not a bad idea , note 10 looking good .
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-27-2019 10:41 PM
    Oh wow , yeah not a bad idea , note 10 looking good .
    I was able to pre-register (not pre-order) & they are offering $600.trade-in on note 9.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-27-2019 10:43 PM
    I was able to pre-register (not pre-order) & they are offering $600.trade-in on note 9.
    I've heard they offering good deals like that , might make me tempted to trade my Note 9 but this phone is a beast hate to part with it .
    Led notification
    Head phone jack when needed, or Bluetooth
    Iris unlock
    Rear fingerprint unlock
    Really good battery life
    It's tough decisions
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-27-2019 11:05 PM
    I thought you would have said ,trade it in for an unlocked note 10 not another carrier locked one. Lol
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-28-2019 12:38 AM
    I thought you would have said ,trade it in for an unlocked note 10 not another carrier locked one. Lol
    I thought about that but just don't want to deal with an unlocked.
    @Mustang,
    I will miss that iris scan. I like having the headphone jack as an *option* but to be honest, I haven't used a wired headset even once since I've owned this N9 & maybe only once or twice with my N8. The N10/10+ will come with a dongle so if needed, I'll use that. I still want the MicroSD card option & that will make me choose an N10+. The other item I wanted was a true full screen... Not even a small punch hole but it will still be a sweet, sweet phone.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-28-2019 01:04 AM
    I thought about that but just don't want to deal with an unlocked.
    @Mustang,
    I will miss that iris scan. I like having the headphone jack as an *option* but to be honest, I haven't used a wired headset even once since I've owned this N9 & maybe only once or twice with my N8. The N10/10+ will come with a dongle so if needed, I'll use that. I still want the MicroSD card option & that will make me choose an N10+. The other item I wanted was a true full screen... Not even a small punch hole but it will still be a sweet, sweet phone.
    I know it's tough decision,even for myself lol , well you look like you have 2 feet in , I have 1 let's see what happens.
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-28-2019 01:12 AM
    Don't laugh, but I've recently started using my Google voice number as my voicemail.
    Google voice is actually the best solution for VM IMO.
    07-28-2019 11:42 AM
    Google voice is actually the best solution for VM IMO.
    Does Google voice offer voice-text voicemail so you can read your VMs?
    07-28-2019 12:05 PM
    Does Google voice offer voice-text voicemail so you can read your VMs?
    Yes, and it's accessible from anywhere.
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-28-2019 12:14 PM
    I haven't used a carrier voicemail service in almost 10 years.
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-28-2019 12:15 PM