Will there ever be a messaging Android app that allows for me to receive videos and imgs uncompressed from iPhone senders? This is SO frustrating. I like my Galaxy S10+ but am tired of this issue and might go back to iPhone later on.

I currently use Textra, tried to set settings to "carries has no limit" but then the person I send imgs doesn't receive them. So I have to lower settings to "1000kb".

I tried other messaging apps but none worked.

Frustrated.
    08-03-2019 01:55 PM
    You'd have to ask your iPhone pals to use a 3rd party messaging platform like Telegram or WhatsApp. iMessage is a proprietary Apple platform, and they don't have to share it with anyone if they don't want to (and trust me, they don't want to). RCS (Rich Communication Services) has been the big hope for SMS/MMS, but carriers have generally been jerks about this and have dragged their feet immensely in terms of trying to implement it (because they want to make more $$$ with their own silly messaging solutions that only work within that carrier's network). Google has been working on bypassing the carriers and making RCS available to all, so let's hope they're successful -- they recently did this in the UK and France: https://9to5google.com/2019/07/27/go...rcs-uk-france/
    08-03-2019 04:03 PM
    Since majority of my friends and family are on Facebook we just use Facebook Messenger. The very few that are not on FB I just send them a Google Photos link.
    thefairyfolk likes this.
    08-03-2019 11:51 PM
    I just send them a Google Photos link.
    This. Google photos link ftw. For me, the best answer to sending videos through SMS.
    thefairyfolk likes this.
    08-04-2019 12:26 AM
    Will there ever be a messaging Android app that allows for me to receive videos and imgs uncompressed from iPhone senders? This is SO frustrating. I like my Galaxy S10+ but am tired of this issue and might go back to iPhone later on.

I currently use Textra, tried to set settings to "carries has no limit" but then the person I send imgs doesn't receive them. So I have to lower settings to "1000kb".

I tried other messaging apps but none worked.

Frustrated.
    Nope. All your friends would have to swap to a 3rd party app before they can send videos that worth a damn. RCS should fix this for texts but carriers have been completely dragging *** on it.
    08-04-2019 02:29 AM
    This. Google photos link ftw. For me, the best answer to sending videos through SMS.
    Yeah only thing you can do on Android to not have video that's awful for text.
    08-04-2019 02:29 AM
    RCS should eventually be able to do that - but whether Apple will ever implement RCS is another matter.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-04-2019 01:03 PM
    RCS should eventually be able to do that - but whether Apple will ever implement RCS is another matter.
    Hah, good point.
    08-04-2019 01:10 PM