Should I dump my S10+ 1TB for the Note 10+?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If the Note 10+ had a 1TB option I would be all over it. Also don't like the left handed power button.

Another thing that sucks is that the 512GB is only available in the black version.

What ya think, should I dump the S10+ 1TB for the Note 10+ 512GB?

knowledge775

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
If the Note 10+ had a 1TB option I would be all over it. Also don't like the left handed power button.

Another thing that sucks is that the 512GB is only available in the black version.

Probably not. I guess it all depends on your needs. If you have a need for the SPen maybe. Really not too big of a difference spec wise between the two devices. Don't really understand why there isn't a 1 TB option on the Note series though. But if you really need the storage space you can always buy a 1 TB micro SD card if you don't already own one. Good luck with your decision .

knowledge775

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Plus it's probably the worse time to try to sell your S10+. You probably won't get what it's worth and I wouldn't trade it in... I'm surprised they aren't any ceramic options for the Note 10. I hate how Samsung doesn't have all color choices available for any desired specs at launch

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you should, what would you actually gain? Only reason to get the Note is if you REALLY need the S-pen, which you obviously don't because you've been using a phone without it.

The Note is really uninspiring this year.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The S-Pen and the larger screen are the only things that excite me.
I've had every Note device since the very first one and this is the first Note I'm more than likely going to pass on. :(

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I don't think you should, what would you actually gain? Only reason to get the Note is if you REALLY need the S-pen, which you obviously don't because you've been using a phone without it.

The Note is really uninspiring this year.
This. And also same power under the hood as an S10+, but fewer cameras, no headphone jack, no SD card...and a smaller battery.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Unrelated. I loved the Note 2, but have not been back on the Note wagon because I just couldn't deal with the growing size. But the smaller Note 10 is piquing my interest.

Maybe I should start a new post titled, 'Should I dump my S10 for the Note 10?' Hahaha

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
There is one thing I am getting the Note 10+ for. UFS 3.0 storage. Using a OnePlus 7 Pro and an S10+ side by side, you really notice a difference in terms of speed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Don't know if it pays to trade

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Question: how much of that 1 tb are you using right now?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Question: how much of that 1 tb are you using right now?

I don't know about felloffthetruck but I currently have 92% of my 256gb SD card used up. Going to be upgrading to the 516gb instead of erasing things to make space. Most of it is various music and DJ mixes which take up a lot of space but I've been recently also collecting a huge amount of digital comics that take up space as well. 1TB would be greatly appreciated and easily used for me personally!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about felloffthetruck but I currently have 92% of my 256gb SD card used up. Going to be upgrading to the 516gb instead of erasing things to make space. Most of it is various music and DJ mixes which take up a lot of space but I've been recently also collecting a huge amount of digital comics that take up space as well. 1TB for me would be greatly appreciated and easily used for me personally !
Well with an SD card 256 is plenty. I have the S10+ 512 and still not using 256 even with hi res audio files but I could go over 256 if I put more files on. Never ordered with an SD card even though I have on. With the Note 10 I decided not to go above 256 mainly because I wanted blue and resale it will make little difference and probably none on trade. Can always pop a card in.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Well with an SD card 256 is plenty. I have the S10+ 512 and still not using 256 even with hi res audio files but I could go over 256 if I put more files on. Never ordered with an SD card even though I have on. With the Note 10 I decided not to go above 256 mainly because I wanted blue and resale it will make little difference and probably none on trade. Can always pop a card in.

I have 128gb on my S10+ but agree with you that 256gb onboard device is plenty with an sd card slot available. I leave my devices storage space strictly for apps. I will say having a ton of onboard space is great for app hoarders!

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about felloffthetruck but I currently have 92% of my 256gb SD card used up. Going to be upgrading to the 516gb instead of erasing things to make space. Most of it is various music and DJ mixes which take up a lot of space but I've been recently also collecting a huge amount of digital comics that take up space as well. 1TB would be greatly appreciated and easily used for me personally!

Well if you need all that space just pop in a 1 tb micro SD
It's $400 but has a lifetime guarantee

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

No you shouldn't just get the 256gb phone and buy a 1tb micro sd , if you're upgrading phones every 6 months (like me ) you'll make up that money in less than a year , and since a 1tb phone and a 256gb seem to have the same trade in value and the 1tb sd has a lifetime guarantee , makes a lot of sense to me

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Completely agree with you , 256 is more than enough if you really need all that space just pop in a 1tb micro sd , makes the most sense

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
There is one thing I am getting the Note 10+ for. UFS 3.0 storage. Using a OnePlus 7 Pro and an S10+ side by side, you really notice a difference in terms of speed.

I have a question: should we use a micro sd card now that we have ufs 3.0 in our phones?
According to Jaime Rivera from pocketnow , this is going to slow the hell out of our phones
Is this true ?
I pre-ordered the aura blue note 10+ 256 gb , I'm coming from a S10+ 512 gb + a 512 sd card
With the idea that 768 gb would be more than enough since im not really using the full 1tb I have on my phone now , but now I'm worried, use micro sd or not???