T-Mobile July Security Update out now!

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got it as well. Just not getting the lack of night mode. Strange that they opt to omit this feature when all other carriers already implemented it.

Mend07

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Smh...Night Mode has been old news.... its all about the s10 Galaxy Note series now. its all marketing and politics at this point lol.. i guess we can be grateful for the LATE security patch update tho.

Louis Don

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
It's pathetic actually, it's such a turn off... I've Been waiting for this update for weeks, T-Mobile has yet to deliver. Smh

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty pathetic actually. Even the unlocked ones got the
night mode. Actually held off on ordering the note as this
gives me a pause and a chance to look at other phones.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I for one am very happy to have this update. I was on May 1 update until recently on my unlocked S10. Finally got tired of that and flashed the T-Mobile firmware yesterday. That got me to the June 1 update, and then later on in the day, the July 1 update arrived. Much happier now! Don't care for the little T-Mobile ditty that plays at boot-up, but don't boot my phone very often. If I get too tired of it, I'll reflash without the "User Data" component of the firmware.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Get ready for worst battery life with this update.

May not be the case for you, but I've found if I wait 2 or 3 days after an update that battery usage will often settle down. A lot of stuff happens after an update, and that takes some time.

On the other hand, a factory reset after an update (save your data *smile*) can often fix battery life changes from the update.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
It's pretty pathetic actually. Even the unlocked ones got the
night mode. Actually held off on ordering the note as this
gives me a pause and a chance to look at other phones.
Seems like this may be a new trend with certain carriers. Keep the OS the same and push through security patches only. I've seen ATT doing this on the BlackBerry KeyONE.

With my carrier, its the other way around. My S10+ got the camera update (updated Aug 6 with July 16 kernel) but I'm still on the June security patch. Go figure!

Android must be destined to be a fragmented mess. No matter what Google does to try and reign it in, it keeps getting worse.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Get ready for worst battery life with this update.
Installed update yesterday so it may improve some yet for me, I have noticed a tiny decrease in battery life so far. I have noticed it feels a tiny more fluid, could be placebo affect however it does seem so anyways

SoCal Sal

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
Installed update yesterday so it may improve some yet for me, I have noticed a tiny decrease in battery life so far. I have noticed it feels a tiny more fluid, could be placebo affect however it does seem so anyways
I see the decrease in battery life as well. That sucks!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie