Samsung Mail + iCloud email

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Greetings,

So, long story short ... recently bought a Galaxy S10 with the intention of ditching iOS for good. I ran into a weird issue that stopped me from setting up my phone and ended up going back to my iPhone because of it.

Samsung Mail app would not let me add my iCloud email account. I even chatted with Samsung Tech Support and after trying a few different things, he basically told me that I cannot use an iCloud email account with the Samsung Mail app. I had a Galaxy S8 a while back and this wasn't an issue - but suddenly it's an issue on a new Galaxy device? Doesn't make sense. Tech Support guy said something like it's a configuration issue and could possibly be fixed in the future. This just sounds like b.s. to me - should be no reason why I can't use my iCloud email address with Samsung Mail - I did it on the S8 with no issue!

Is anyone else here using an iCloud email address with the Samsung Mail app?

Thank you

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You need to generate a Apple iCloud password specifically for use on other platforms, Android, Windows, etc.

Works fine with Gmail and many other mail clients. I don't use Samsung Email currently.

For some reason I get an error message now but didn't previously. Something to do with recent security update, or my special password expired.

This error:
Screenshot_20190821-171925_Email.jpeg

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
You need to generate a Apple iCloud password specifically for use on other platforms, Android, Windows, etc.

Works fine with Gmail and many other mail clients. I don't use Samsung Email currently.

For some reason I get an error message now but didn't previously. Something to do with recent security update, or my special password expired.

This error:
View attachment 307544

That's the message I kept getting! Not sure how you're supposed to make a SEPARATE password in iCloud. I don't think iCloud allows a user to create more than one password (?)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
How to generate an app-specific password
Sign in to your Apple ID account page.

In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.

Follow the steps on your screen.

Jul 5, 2019
Apple › support › en-us
Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

This error:
View attachment 307544

Gayle, are you saying that you're STILL getting that message ("Couldn't verify account")? So it worked for a little while and then you started getting the message again? If so, that's frustrating because that's supposed to be the fix.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I did not have success with Sammy Email.
Google is fine.

Microsoft seemed to be having trouble yesterday but finally got my iCloud and Live accounts added to Outlook.

I did have to generate a new app specific password at

https://appleid.apple.com

- my old one I guess 'expired' or Apple felt new password are called for.