Greetings,

So, long story short ... recently bought a Galaxy S10 with the intention of ditching iOS for good. I ran into a weird issue that stopped me from setting up my phone and ended up going back to my iPhone because of it.

Samsung Mail app would not let me add my iCloud email account. I even chatted with Samsung Tech Support and after trying a few different things, he basically told me that I cannot use an iCloud email account with the Samsung Mail app. I had a Galaxy S8 a while back and this wasn't an issue - but suddenly it's an issue on a new Galaxy device? Doesn't make sense. Tech Support guy said something like it's a configuration issue and could possibly be fixed in the future. This just sounds like b.s. to me - should be no reason why I can't use my iCloud email address with Samsung Mail - I did it on the S8 with no issue!

Is anyone else here using an iCloud email address with the Samsung Mail app?

Thank you
    08-21-2019 04:14 PM
    You need to generate a Apple iCloud password specifically for use on other platforms, Android, Windows, etc.

Works fine with Gmail and many other mail clients. I don't use Samsung Email currently.

For some reason I get an error message now but didn't previously. Something to do with recent security update, or my special password expired.

This error:
    Samsung Mail + iCloud email-screenshot_20190821-171925_email.jpeg
    08-21-2019 05:22 PM
    You need to generate a Apple iCloud password specifically for use on other platforms, Android, Windows, etc.

Works fine with Gmail and many other mail clients. I don't use Samsung Email currently.

For some reason I get an error message now but didn't previously. Something to do with recent security update, or my special password expired.

This error:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190821-171925_Email.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	307544
    That's the message I kept getting! Not sure how you're supposed to make a SEPARATE password in iCloud. I don't think iCloud allows a user to create more than one password (?)
    08-21-2019 05:27 PM
    How to generate an app-specific password
    Sign in to your Apple ID account page.

In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.

Follow the steps on your screen.

Jul 5, 2019
    Apple › support › en-us
    Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397
    08-21-2019 05:29 PM
    How to generate an app-specific password
    Sign in to your Apple ID account page.

In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.

Follow the steps on your screen.

Jul 5, 2019
    Apple › support › en-us
    Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397
    Thank you!
    08-21-2019 05:39 PM

This error:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190821-171925_Email.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	307544
    Gayle, are you saying that you're STILL getting that message ("Couldn't verify account")? So it worked for a little while and then you started getting the message again? If so, that's frustrating because that's supposed to be the fix.
    08-24-2019 06:25 PM
    I did not have success with Sammy Email.
    Google is fine.

Microsoft seemed to be having trouble yesterday but finally got my iCloud and Live accounts added to Outlook.

I did have to generate a new app specific password at

https://appleid.apple.com

- my old one I guess 'expired' or Apple felt new password are called for.
    08-24-2019 07:22 PM