Yesterday I set an app to update (XBox Game Pass mobile app) and then my phone shut off and restarted on it’s own. Ever since then, when I unlock my phone for it to start loading up everything, about 7-10 seconds in the whole system will freeze entirely for a few seconds and then shut down and restart again.

I tried booting it up in safe mode, same thing happened. I tried clearing out the cache from the boot menu, same thing still happens. I even factory reset the whole thing, restored it to setting from 2 weeks ago, and the same thing is still happening with almost no apps installed at all. I can’t figure out what’s wrong.
    09-08-2019 01:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The firmware might be corrupt -- see if you can reinstall it using Smart Switch: SmartSwitch: Install & update or replace firmware. Otherwise, contact Samsung for warranty service.
    kct1975 likes this.
    09-08-2019 01:45 PM
    Thank you, I’ll try that when I get home on Wednesday. I was hoping there was something I could try while I was away though. Oh well.
    09-08-2019 03:27 PM
    Don't restore.
    Do you use AdGuard?
    Malwarebytes?

Sounds like that app has your number. Has some bad mojo malware and C&C going on.

Stay off line while resetting and setting up.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-08-2019 04:00 PM
    Yeah, that's a good idea -- do another factory reset, but this time, set it up like a new device, instead of restoring previously backed update. But if the problem persists even with a clean factory reset without any app reinstallations or data restoration, then I'd still consider reinstalling the firmware.
    09-09-2019 11:01 PM