different contact list on my s10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i would appreciate assistance in my quest, my 10s is connected to my google account, but i have found that i have 715 contact's in my google website, 527 contacts in the phone google list, and 722 contacts in All contacts list at the phone; could anybody explain why; and how do i sync the list's, thanks in advance.

ericpundak

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
i would appreciate assistance in my quest, my 10s is connected to my google account, but i have found that i have 715 contact's in my google website, 527 contacts in the phone google list, and 722 contacts in All contacts list at the phone; could anybody explain why; and how do i sync the list's, thanks in advance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've never checked my google account online see my contact list , just know what's on the phone .

Hopefully someone can chime in on this

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also make sure your contacts are syncing with your phone.. for all it could of been contacts from other accounts saved also

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What category are the non-Google contacts on the phone? Are they Phone account contacts? Do they still correlate to contacts in your Google Contacts on the web?

Also, do you have a lot of duplicates in your Google Contacts on the web? If so, it's possible your Contacts app on the phone automatically merged duplicate contacts.

ericpundak

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
thanks for welcoming me,
my contacts are not categorize, in my contacts app I have: All contacts (728) google (537), NO duplicates on the Phone and non in google account on the web there i have (725). cant find the reason for that and no remedy,
hopefully I'll get to solve this issue here.
(sorry for typos)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
If you had Windows email accounts, Mac or iPhone etc. then those will show up. And Microsoft aggregates all my email.

Most email clients and platforms will automatically add whoever you contact if you let it.

Do you see contacts that you never heard of?

In a company or organization and subscribe to lists?

That size seems like a listserver or directory of sorts.

A Facebook community. All the people you follow on Twitter.

I get birthday reminders in my calendar app of people on Twitter and Instagram from ages ago.

There are things the Gmail web portal can do to help organize contacts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
thanks for welcoming me,
my contacts are not categorize, in my contacts app I have: All contacts (728) google (537), NO duplicates on the Phone and non in google account on the web there i have (725). cant find the reason for that and no remedy,
hopefully I'll get to solve this issue here.
(sorry for typos)

On the Contacts app's main screen, tap the Menu button -- is there an option to select which contacts to display? If so, select that option and look at the groups that are offered. Is it only "All" and "Google"? There's nothing like "Phone" or "My Contacts"?

ericpundak

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
i made screenshot of the menu that appear there.......
i have no groups, no contacts on Samsung account, noting else ...????

Attachments

• temp1.jpg
    temp1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 27
  • temp2.jpg
    temp2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Export your contacts.
Save .vcf file in two places.

Always good to export and save copies to local internal storage and Google Drive.

I used Samsung Contacts app to import the.vcf file. From there export a new copy to S10 and to SIM card - though that only holds some, not all fields. Phone, email, name. Basics.

Now have a copy in Samsung as well. And on your SIM card.

Years ago I used 3rd party app beause I had a mess with duplicates and such. Outlook, Mac & iOS, Google.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This might be challenging, but try toggling between All Contacts and Google contacts and see if you can identify a contact that disappears when you toggle to Google. See if that contact is on your Google Contacts website on your computer browser.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Export first. Twice to different locations.
Then you can do what you want once you have backups.
You can always import back.
And there are various apps to merge etc but review them!

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I recently experienced this issue on my S10+ when switching between Contacts apps. The full list refused to sync. It got stuck halfway and despite repeated attempts to redo them on the device side, and seeing all of them in my Google account, the full list refused to sync.

This is how I fixed it:

Delete all contacts on your device
Open the Contacts page/app from top right menu
Export your contact list to *.CSV
Delete all of your contacts from your Google account
Import the contact list back into Google Contacts by using the *.CSV you just made.
Open your device and re-sync contacts

Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084