Hey Guys,

As the username suggests, I do watch reviews on YouTube (specifically Rolex) and I got my S10 a little while ago but had no idea how clear the camera actually was until I got the footage on a 46inch 4k tv...

I shot all the footage for this video in 4K 60fps and used Samsung smart switch app for my MacBook to get the footage from the phone into my computer finally into Final Cut Pro X

95% of the footage is unedited and is stock from the camera lens. A few clips I had to adjust brightness/contrast but the rest of the video files are untouched.

For the real close up shots I used a macro lens that I purchased for $5

never thought I'd be able to see this kind of quality out of a phone ever.
    09-25-2019 01:46 PM
    Hey Guys,

As the username suggests, I do watch reviews on YouTube (specifically Rolex) and I got my S10 a little while ago but had no idea how clear the camera actually was until I got the footage on a 46inch 4k tv...

I shot all the footage for this video in 4K 60fps and used Samsung smart switch app for my MacBook to get the footage from the phone into my computer finally into Final Cut Pro X

95% of the footage is unedited and is stock from the camera lens. A few clips I had to adjust brightness/contrast but the rest of the video files are untouched.

For the real close up shots I used a macro lens that I purchased for $5

never thought I'd be able to see this kind of quality out of a phone ever.
    Were you ever a member of a forums called New Turfers? I was back in the days.
    09-27-2019 09:54 AM
    Were you ever a member of a forums called New Turfers? I was back in the days.
    no not me, never heard of that forum
    09-27-2019 09:57 AM
    no not me, never heard of that forum
    It was one of the main Rolex forums back in the late 90s and early 2000s.
    09-27-2019 09:58 AM
    It was one of the main Rolex forums back in the late 90s and early 2000s.
    I only started visiting Rolex Forums in late 2018, didn't even have internet access until 2005ish Haha my family was very slow to adapt technology
    09-27-2019 10:00 AM
    I only started visiting Rolex Forums in late 2018, didn't even have internet access until 2005ish Haha my family was very slow to adapt technology

For example, you still wear analogue watches
    09-27-2019 10:11 AM
    Good one...lol
    09-27-2019 10:46 AM
    I've been wondering what Samsung Smart Switch is used for. You're the first post I've reading for someone using this app. How does it work exactly? You just wirelessly send your video from the phone to you Macbook via the phone's wifi signal to the laptop? Does it work well and fast?

Also, what exactly is the macro lens you're referring to for $5? Thanks!
    09-27-2019 10:59 AM
    I've been wondering what Samsung Smart Switch is used for. You're the first post I've reading for someone using this app. How does it work exactly? You just wirelessly send your video from the phone to you Macbook via the phone's wifi signal to the laptop? Does it work well and fast?

Also, what exactly is the macro lens you're referring to for $5? Thanks!
    Samsung Smart Switch is (to my knowledge) to only way to connect your Samsung Phone to any Mac Computer.

It's kinda like apple's iTunes with backing up your phone and/or apps.

I use the USB cable that came with the phone to connect to my MacBook and I usually transfer 10 to 20gb worth of files in around 5 to 10 minutes sometimes a lot less)

If there is a wireless file transfer aspect of the app I haven't located it/used it.

There's also a screen mirroring feature I believe, it's a pretty nice app to have if you have a samsung device.

The lens I used is this one https://www.fivebelow.com/u-youse-tr...for-phone.html
    09-27-2019 11:26 AM
    correct! lmao
    09-27-2019 11:26 AM
    Samsung Smart Switch is (to my knowledge) to only way to connect your Samsung Phone to any Mac Computer.

It's kinda like apple's iTunes with backing up your phone and/or apps.

I use the USB cable that came with the phone to connect to my MacBook and I usually transfer 10 to 20gb worth of files in around 5 to 10 minutes sometimes a lot less)

If there is a wireless file transfer aspect of the app I haven't located it/used it.

There's also a screen mirroring feature I believe, it's a pretty nice app to have if you have a samsung device.

The lens I used is this one https://www.fivebelow.com/u-youse-tr...for-phone.html

So the Smart Switch app is used to transfer files from your phone to your Macbook using a cable? If so, I don't need Smart Switch because when I connect my (Android) Note 10+ phone to a Windows laptop using a cable, my Windows laptop immediately recognizes my phone as an external hard drive for file sharing. Hence, I would not need the Smart Switch app. With an Apple computer, it will not recognize your phone as an external hard drive, hence you need an iTune-like app (such as Smart Switch) to do file sharing? As such, I'm wondering if the Smart Switch app would be useful to me since I'm already able to do file sharing to my Windows laptop.
    09-27-2019 12:40 PM
    With an Apple computer, it will not recognize your phone as an external hard drive, hence you need an iTune-like app (such as Smart Switch) to do file sharing?
    Exactly. There's other benefits as well (phone back ups and restores, update downloads if your phone isn't finding the update OTA) but it's pretty much like you said above
    09-27-2019 12:49 PM
    Exactly. There's other benefits as well (phone back ups and restores, update downloads if your phone isn't finding the update OTA) but it's pretty much like you said above
    Okay, cool, thanks for confirming. In that case, I will keep the Smart Switch app on my phone, but just not use it. I thought maybe the app can do wireless transfer to my Windows laptop. But I'm shooting hi-def videos which are large files, so I can imagine it would be a very slow wireless transfer, assuming if it were possible. So I will just stick to my trusty USB cable for file transfers which works perfectly.
    09-27-2019 12:58 PM
    Okay, cool, thanks for confirming. In that case, I will keep the Smart Switch app on my phone, but just not use it. I thought maybe the app can do wireless transfer to my Windows laptop. But I'm shooting hi-def videos which are large files, so I can imagine it would be a very slow wireless transfer, assuming if it were possible. So I will just stick to my trusty USB cable for file transfers which works perfectly.
    I've used a wireless file transfer app before not sure what the app was called but it was very fast.

The problem is, my internet is 1 terabyte a month and the files are huge and have to be transferred via wifi so by using the USB cable I save that data and on top of that the app was a paid app by the month iirc so yeah USB Cable is fine for me haha
    10-02-2019 03:05 PM
    I'm not gonna lie. I was almost in tears at how beautiful that video looked!
    10-06-2019 11:19 PM
    Last month I went to Vegas and brought an old Canon Elph camera to give to my gf so she could take some pics. I used it to take some videos as well. I also took some vids on my S10+ because I hadn't really taken any since I got it. When I got home and played the videos on my 4k TV.....the difference was unreal!! The phone obliterated the old Canon camera. Unbelievable how far camera tech as come.
    10-07-2019 11:42 AM