For the last month or more I have been getting this alert on my S10+. I can't use a wired charger or plug in to Android Auto. The phone has never gotten wet (other than minor rain drops on it.
    I've tried all the fixes (cleaning and drying the port, clearing the system cache, etc.) that are posted online to no avail.
    I called Samsung Support and they couldn't help either. They recommended that I take it to a Samsung Service Center. I'll do that this weekend.
    Has anyone found a better, different solution than I have already done?
    09-25-2019 08:11 PM
    I had the same issue with my LG G6. I tried everything, and finally had to send it into LG to do a warranty factory repair. They ended up replacing the USB port to fix the probably. I have a feeling you'll need to do the same thing for your phone.
    09-26-2019 05:47 AM
    How did you clean it? Counter intuitive as it seems, you could try sitting it in a little distilled water for 10 minutes then giving it a good clean with something small and lint free.

Obviously it's risky because IP ratings are meaningless... The reason i suggest it is if there's mineral deposition or something else difficult to clean causing the short, the distilled water will hopefully dissolve it or at least make it cleanable.
    09-26-2019 08:10 AM
    I just used a dry piece of lint free cloth. Shaved a toothpick down so it would fit and used that to swish the cloth around.
    I think I am going to hold off on the distilled water for now since the phone is only 4 months old and still under warranty.
    We'll see what the authorized service center has to say.
    09-26-2019 10:47 AM
    For the last month or more I have been getting this alert on my S10+. I can't use a wired charger or plug in to Android Auto. The phone has never gotten wet (other than minor rain drops on it.
    I've tried all the fixes (cleaning and drying the port, clearing the system cache, etc.) that are posted online to no avail.
    I called Samsung Support and they couldn't help either. They recommended that I take it to a Samsung Service Center. I'll do that this weekend.
    Has anyone found a better, different solution than I have already done?
    I've used a hair dryer for couple minutes on low settings by the port opening..
    09-26-2019 10:48 AM
    I've used a hair dryer for couple minutes on low settings by the port opening..
    Yup, tried that with a heat gun on cold setting as well as lowest heat (slightly warmer than room temp) . Ran it for about 1/2 hour.
    09-26-2019 10:55 AM
    Yup, tried that with a heat gun on cold setting as well as lowest heat (slightly warmer than room temp) . Ran it for about 1/2 hour.
    Oh wow, yeah take it in your under warranty anyway
    09-26-2019 11:17 AM