S10E photos not uploading to Google Photos

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
If I try to manually upload a photo from the gallery I get this message.

"Account required.
You must sign into a Google Photos account before you can upload media."

I have signed into my Google Photos account.

I also don't see photos being sent to my SD card.

I also see that if I choose to save in both jpg and raw, the images will be saved to the internal memory. I'm confused.

Can anyone set me straight to get these things going where they're supposed to go.

TIA.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The camera app determines where the pictures are stored. If you have Photo sync enabled in your Google account, they should also be saved (as jpg files) in Google Photos.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
After about an hour on the phone with Verizon support and going through a couple or three agents, the problem was finally diagnosed. Initially they were puzzled because "Backup and Sync" was never an option in the Google Photos three line menu. The last agent figured out that I was signing in to Google Photos through Chrome, and not through the app, even though the app was on my phone. He had me uninstall Google Photos and Reinstall it and when I opened it after reinstall backup and sync was the first thing I saw. I immediately clicked on one of the pictures in my phone gallery and then share and Google Photos and it worked. What a relief. I gave patient Pablo a very good rating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz