Wifi automatic reconnect issue.

anon(10637899)

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
So I've just purchased this phone last week, with hopes of little to no issues. Nonetheless I've come to find that even though I have toggled the wifi automatic reconnect setting on, my s10+ doesn't do so. When I toggle on the wifi from the drag-down settings, the wifi doesn't auto connect, but only reconnects when i go into the actual wifi setting page. Is this a bug or a feature? I have 3 wifi connections at home and the phone still doesnt auto connect to any of them when the wifi is on.

EDIT: After a hard reset the phone can now reconnect to one of the three wifi's automatically. Weird.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So like if you connect to a wifi once and put in your email or hit accept on a page it's supposed to automatically connect you everytime? Cause mine don't like at the gym I have to type in my email always and at work I have to click on guest which is our wifi and it takes me to this page and i have to hit accept every day I sign in to my works wifi. Just wondering if I am missing a setting or what? But I don't want to hard reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So I've just purchased this phone last week, with hopes of little to no issues. Nonetheless I've come to find that even though I have toggled the wifi automatic reconnect setting on, my s10+ doesn't do so. When I toggle on the wifi from the drag-down settings, the wifi doesn't auto connect, but only reconnects when i go into the actual wifi setting page. Is this a bug or a feature? I have 3 wifi connections at home and the phone still doesnt auto connect to any of them when the wifi is on.

EDIT: After a hard reset the phone can now reconnect to one of the three wifi's automatically. Weird.

Welcome to Android Central, and glad you fixed it! It looks like you also may have left the forums already -- hopefully we don't smell or anything!;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So like if you connect to a wifi once and put in your email or hit accept on a page it's supposed to automatically connect you everytime? Cause mine don't like at the gym I have to type in my email always and at work I have to click on guest which is our wifi and it takes me to this page and i have to hit accept every day I sign in to my works wifi. Just wondering if I am missing a setting or what? But I don't want to hard reset.

It sounds like the type of wi-fi network you're talking about requires you to login using the network's own login page on a captive portal. The phone can't automatically enter that, but it still should be able to automatically connect you to the network to bring you to that login page.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the type of wi-fi network you're talking about requires you to login using the network's own login page on a captive portal. The phone can't automatically enter that, but it still should be able to automatically connect you to the network to bring you to that login page.

Oh ok thanks! I was just curious. At work o usually have to click on guest and it takes be too the page to get accept it doesn't always take me there. At the planet fitness I think it does and I just enter my email each time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
At work you probably have at least 2 signals of equal strength, the guest connection and a full connection. The phone can't choose which one to connect to, so you have to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis