Color shift photos before 7 am

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Driving my bonkers.

Gallery and Google photos both when I look at full gallery it's normal. But when I open a photo the screen shifts to yellowish tint.

Come 7 am this stops happening.

I have spent hours making sure there are no settings - DND, adaptive, digital well-being, etc.

Does it have to be so complicated? Smart phones often are not what is call user friendly and can be downright dumb.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Do you have this turned on?
11e9b8090145fc08cc427012f6d8e888.jpg

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Nope. One if first things checked. And that's not hidden, it's in plain sight and multiple places.

7 am why? Plus it only happens when viewing individual photos. Not in the full gallery or elsewhere, which blue light and other settings would affect.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope. One if first things checked. And that's not hidden, it's in plain sight and multiple places.

7 am why? Plus it only happens when viewing individual photos. Not in the full gallery or elsewhere, which blue light and other settings would affect.
Check a application you might of download or setting in e-book if you download that kind of stuff

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hidden night mode in Google play book try

"Open any book, tap the Aa on the upper right. Go into night light settings, tap Schedule and turn it off completely"...
Another member had this issue ,and was the fix

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
AC post is from years ago but same behavior.

I setup a Essential Phone identical to S10+ but of course it's on Android 10. It has Night Light in Quick Settings and would be what makes sense.

Could setting up S10 from the Essential screw things up?

Night Light / Mode is off - 7 am and the display changed and got lighter whiter and yellow dim tint vanished.

/ I set a schedule from midnight to 2 am and may have resolved this. I'll check again tomorrow. /

Not fixed. Still has a mind of its own.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...ry-picture-brightness-saturation-changes.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
AC post is from years ago but same behavior.

I setup a Essential Phone identical to S10+ but of course it's on Android 10. It has Night Light in Quick Settings and would be what makes sense.

Could setting up S10 from the Essential screw things up?

Night Light / Mode is off - 7 am and the display changed and got lighter whiter and yellow dim tint vanished.

/ I set a schedule from midnight to 2 am and may have resolved this. I'll check again tomorrow. /

Not fixed. Still has a mind of its own.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...ry-picture-brightness-saturation-changes.html
Hmmm...not sure what else to suggest , as you said opening Google photos or gallery was a issue and found a thread about that same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888