One ui 2.0/android 10 beta is now live!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is available for Verizon. Also, when they say unlocked I believe they are referring to the U variant that is also unbranded and available via Samsung and maybe even Bestbuy

Yeah mine came from Best Buy my husband's Samsung both unlocked. I was just curious but I can wait till it's officially out. Once before I did a beta on my tablet made by HTC and it made it all sluggish.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If I was to get my att s10+ unlocked via an unlocking service would I become eligible for the beta, or is it not that simple?

Don't think so. I have an unlocked ATT S10+ and I popped my T-Mobile sim in and cleared cache and nothing. Phone is still an ATT model.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm unlocked on Verizon and have it. It is the U model # variant as you indicated. Registration was through the Samsung Members App and went live yesterday afternoon. They may or may not have filled all the unlocked slots by now, don't know. No issues, all my VZ services work great along with the other improvements in Android 10.

It did take quite a bit of effort to click through and register FWIW...

Oh really hmm. Oh well I never saw it in the app and i just checked again. Maybe they did take so many people and it's too late.

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
so far it's running pretty smooth for a beta.

Fingerprint definitely responds a bit faster or maybe it just feels that way because I have it where it's always on and I know where I need to put my finger.

The new animations are nice but sometimes get choppy

GPay didn't work the one time I've tried using it.

The Google gestures feel a little weird on the s10 such as the back gesture due to the curved screen. The home gesture takes you to the multitasking screen if change your mind and slide your finger back to cancel the request. in other words is not as fluids as the Pixel's gestures...yet .

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that.

It will also require you to use smart switch (there ws an issue but it is fixed where it broke Knox) and reflash 9 and you end up with a factory reset device. When my phone upgraded it was basically unusable due to a couple of process stopping issues that the fix on SamMobile didn't address. I figured if I was going to end up doing a reset anyway why not just reset Android 10. I did that and while starting from scratch was a pain all seems to be well now.

I was in the MS beta programs for a lot of their stuff and it appears that may have been part of the issue as when I went to install their apps the Play store informed me that I was no longer in the Beta program.

The only issue appears to be Netflix as it is not even available for install at the moment. All the other DRM apps like Spotify, Prime video and music installed without problems. All my financial apps are working including Samsung Pay.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What's wierd is my netflix has worked fine no issues at all so I dont know honestly had only one hiccup sometimes when I swipe to home from a app it will have a delay in between showing the home screen

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you coming from an upgrade only or an upgrade plus factory reset. I see it in the My Apps list, but there is no option to install it.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Are you coming from an upgrade only or an upgrade plus factory reset. I see it in the My Apps list, but there is no option to install it.
No factory reset here. Hell, I haven't factory reset since buying my S10. It's coming, I usually do every six months or so.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Four hours SOT yesterday. Standard S10.
ab24c8934330eb2df52a923dcaf9e5da.jpg

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No factory reset here. Hell, I haven't factory reset since buying my S10. It's coming, I usually do every six months or so.

It turns out this is a known issue. In the One UI beta app it has been noted by several users. If you get away without the factory reset all appears to be good, but new installs won't work. There is an option to sideload though that appears to be functional.

Question - if I sideload an app will it still get updates from Google Play?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Well.......yesterday's conversation got me thinking and I backed up last night and factory reset this morning. Netflix is totally gone. Don't know about the side loading bit.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
It turns out this is a known issue. In the One UI beta app it has been noted by several users. If you get away without the factory reset all appears to be good, but new installs won't work.

Huh? Can you point to a link where this is discussed?

I upgraded in place, no reset, and everything's working fine--including Netflix and being able to install new apps.

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Huh? Can you point to a link where this is discussed?

I upgraded in place, no reset, and everything's working fine--including Netflix and being able to install new apps.

It's the second issue in the One UI beta app, notices section. It is also brought up in community section.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Question for those beta testing. How is the gesture function? I am currently making use of it on the S10 for the navigation bar via full screen gesture. Is it still available? Any changes?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Question for those beta testing. How is the gesture function? I am currently making use of it on the S10 for the navigation bar via full screen gesture. Is it still available? Any changes?
The nav bar is totally available, but Google's gestures are kinda great actually. They work, but they don't with well with Nova. They're great with One UI. I'm hoping that will be cleared up by the time Android 10/One UI 2.0 become official.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The nav bar is totally available, but Google's gestures are kinda great actually. They work, but they don't with well with Nova. They're great with One UI. I'm hoping that will be cleared up by the time Android 10/One UI 2.0 before official.
Google gestures very good for big phones