One ui 2.0/android 10 beta is now live!

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Beta 4 this morning.

New issue with Beta 4...I have "call and text on other devices" turned off, but am getting a constant notification that it's syncing. Tried toggling "call and text on other devices" on and off again, no help. Still says that it's syncing.

Anyone figured out how to turn off syncing for a setting that isn't enabled *smile*?

Not really a problem so far, doesn't seem to be using more battery than it was...but still a bother.

Update: May have "fixed" this by flushing data and cache of the system app "call and text on other devices". The notification is gone, which hopefully means that the phone has stopped trying to sync this.

Last edited:

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you can sign up anymore. I have been trying for a few days but nothing...

If you do not mind a bit of tinkering you can manually install it. I did it last weekend and updated to beta 5 yesterday. There are a few places to get the files, I got mine from androidsage.com there is also an XDA thread. I installed the first beta via adb and the rest from the SD card.

I think on beta 5 it seems pretty stable but I do think the implementation of the android gestures is not as smooth as they are on a pixel which is a shame. Otherwise it is subtle changes but having the FPS show on the AOD like it does on the note is nice!

One UI has improved Samsung devices but TBH I do still prefer other OEMs

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Samsung's implementation will be better than Google's, IMHO. Just as it was with Pie. One UI brings a level of refinement and customization to Android you won't find anywhere else. And definitely not on a Pixel.

Looking forward to seeing this roll out soon. We must be getting close if we're at Beta #5 already.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Samsung's implementation will be better than Google's, IMHO. Just as it was with Pie. One UI brings a level of refinement and customization to Android you won't find anywhere else. And definitely not on a Pixel.

Looking forward to seeing this roll out soon. We must be getting close if we're at Beta #5 already.
Beta 6 as of yesterday actually.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
This is a first. Download, install then restart, only to ask to restart again and goes through update process.

After first restart I left to fix lunch figuring it would take a few minutes to compete.

2nd part was probably... Security patch level DECEMBER 1!Screenshot_20191122-122754_Software update.jpg

Last edited:

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Another s10+ beta notice for 10/23
934958ea8ee41032ce0fcc6e9e5c36f0.jpg

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
You are correct I just have not seen them fired off so often and I have been part of the last few betas... I know they usually have a couple together just before the stable version goes out to the masses thanks!

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you do not mind a bit of tinkering you can manually install it. I did it last weekend and updated to beta 5 yesterday. There are a few places to get the files, I got mine from androidsage.com there is also an XDA thread. I installed the first beta via adb and the rest from the SD card.

I think on beta 5 it seems pretty stable but I do think the implementation of the android gestures is not as smooth as they are on a pixel which is a shame. Otherwise it is subtle changes but having the FPS show on the AOD like it does on the note is nice!

One UI has improved Samsung devices but TBH I do still prefer other OEMs

It's beta 7 now and it's super smooth I hear. I don't have the betas but I just watched sakitech's video

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Big facts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget