So I've used an app called File Hide Expert for a few years now on multiple devices. My S10e is the first one to give me troubles. I went to "unhide" (remove .nomedia files) on certain folders only to find my folders were empty. My first thought was that it wiped my files which bummed me out. But I was able to recover the thumbnail cache which helped for photos (yay low-res images). I still can't get to my videos or pdfs, which sucks because those were the important files. Anyway, I've been poking at the files for about 2 days now, and what I have found is that if I name a file the exact same name as one of my "deleted" files, it too vanishes, but a file under a new name stays. So I've come to the assumption that they are there, somewhere, just really really hidden. Possibly hid the .nomedia files with a .nomedia file?? Although when I plugged my SD card to my PC (Windows 10) and the folders showed up as empty, so I am kind of at a loss for what to do now. I've tried a slew of file explorers, data recovery apps, even considered rooting it briefly. I truly am at my wits end and need some help.

TL;DR: .nomedia files are gone along with other files, but directory still hides files under certain name.
    10-15-2019 05:57 AM
    Are you using the default Samsung "my files" app? If if so have you turned on "show hidden files" in the settings? It's basic, but you never know.

If your files actually have been deleted, there are recovery apps in the play store.
    10-15-2019 06:59 AM
    You are not alone. See the comments on Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llReviews=true It does give tips on where to look. If you need further support, it's best to contact the developer
    10-15-2019 07:12 AM
    You are not alone. See the comments on Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llReviews=true It does give tips on where to look. If you need further support, it's best to contact the developer
    Those comments tell me "don't use this app until they figure out how to develop apps."
    10-15-2019 11:46 AM
    Just a thought...Have you tried searching for the file see if it shows up in the results (using Samsung's My Files app)
    10-16-2019 10:11 PM