Any of you jumping to the Pixel 4?

Gix1k

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am going to pre-order tonight, get it here and see how it goes. Send back if i do not like.

Thing is the screen is worse, storage is worse, build isn't as good or equal to S10

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think it's an awesome smartphone. And the price is cheaper than the other flagships. If I was in the market for a flagships this would be the smartphone for me. But, I just can't do flagships devices anymore. I don't see the point for myself owning a flagships smartphone.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I am going to pre-order tonight, get it here and see how it goes. Send back if i do not like.

Thing is the screen is worse, storage is worse, build isn't as good or equal to S10
Other than a few new gimmicks, I don't think it has much on an S10 besides the camera. So not that different from last year's Pixel.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Are you looking to get the pixel 4 ?
I will but at a later time .
I certainly was considering it at one point (I've already owned Pixel 2 and 3), but now that I've seen it and the full feature set, and even face unlock scepticism aside...I can't say I'm convinced it's worth the move from an S10+. The camera looks to be very good, but aside from that I see far too many compromises.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I certainly was considering it at one point (I've already owned Pixel 2 and 3), but now that I've seen it and the full feature set, and even face unlock scepticism aside...I can't say I'm convinced it's worth the move from an S10+. The camera looks to be very good, but aside from that I see far too many compromises.
Definently see your point , I also have the pixel 3a , did have the 3xl until traded in for my note 10+ ....s10+ i also have which is a solid phone .
Right now I'm actually content with the note 10+/1+7pro/pix3a but I'm a sucker for new devices and I do like pixel phones also .

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Definently see your point , I also have the pixel 3a , did have the 3xl until traded in for my note 10+ ....s10+ i also have which is a solid phone .
Right now I'm actually content with the note 10+/1+7pro/pix3a but I'm a sucker for new devices and I do like pixel phones also .
Pixel 4 is tempting, at least for the camera and the software + updates.

Having said that, I've always felt like a bit of a guinea pig on Pixels because we are basically beta testing the cutting edge of Android. The new and unproven face ID doesn't help. And while I used to despise Samsung for the bloat and custom UI, they have done really well with One UI, the gestures, dark mode, so far they have been quite good with updates, Android 10 beta is already out, etc. Also, the S10+ worked perfect out of the box, fully supporting all carrier features such as VoLTE and wifi calling without a single call to my carrier. My S10+ has been a rock solid, dependable workhorse from Day 1.

To move to a Pixel 4, I would also have to give up a headphone jack, FM radio, edge apps / lighting, sd card, 2GB of Ram, 2 cameras, dual messenger capability, Samsung DeX, power sharing, screen size and dpi, up to 1/3 battery life reduction, secure apps and folder, display blue light filter, among other things. Those are pretty big shoes to fill for any phone, but to pay as much as I did for the S10+ not to mention the resell hit I'll take on it - very, very difficult to justify the switch to a Pixel 4 IMO.

And on top of all that, I've taken some really great photos and videos on my S10+ as well, so even the camera argument is a difficult one.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it's an awesome smartphone. And the price is cheaper than the other flagships. If I was in the market for a flagships this would be the smartphone for me. But, I just can't do flagships devices anymore. I don't see the point for myself owning a flagships smartphone.

Cheaper than which flagships? Even at RRP the S10e is 50 dollhairs cheaper and the iPhone 11 is 100 dollhairs cheaper...

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I will say no because Pixel devices are known not to come with an SD card slot. If it did, I would def give it a try!

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's kind of what I'm feeling at the moment, as well. The camera looks awesome, but there are a lot of things about the phone that, combined, aren't worth how awesome that camera would be.

But, it looks like a phenomenal phone and I hope it does well!

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Wide angle? Non proprietary fast charging? No. Tiny battery? Yes. Fingerprint sensor? No. I don't trust Google to have a trustworthy face scan.
That orange though...
It is a great looking phone.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wide angle? Non proprietary fast charging? No. Tiny battery? Yes. Fingerprint sensor? No. I don't trust Google to have a trustworthy face scan.
That orange though...
It is a great looking phone.

I think the pixel 4 is a bit rubbish, but it definitely DOESN'T have proprietary fast charging.